• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cheap Foodsaver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank-Likes-Beer

Reaction score
I know Foodsavers are pretty popular here. I found this one on a deal site...

Drops to $24 and free shipping with code L0FV70A.

...hold on, pasted wrong link. :)

What model is it? I can't get the link to work for whatever reason.

Edit: I spoke too soon. That is dirt cheap. I really don't even need one but at that price I couldn't pass it up as I'm sure I'll want/need one in the next year or so. I already use a brake bleeder with a foodsaver jar attachment and wine bottle attachments. It works great for how often I need it but the wife never seems to want to use it. With the foodsaver she now has no excuses and I can keep one upstairs and one downstairs to make my life that much more lazy.

Thanks! I just picked up one for me and another one to give to a friend for a bday present. Perfect timing since the older one I picked up on craigslist is starting to crap out on me!

Oh, if you are buying foodsaver rolls, do a separate checkout and try this promo code for 20% off: SEVENF20.

I just picked one up - thanks, OP. This will allow me to break up my bulk hops into smaller packages and store them with less O2 than the Ziploc vacuum bags.

Code working again. I just landed one. This is an amazing deal!! Bulk Hops this spring, here I come. Just in time for my barley crusher for christmas and bulk grain.

Awesome deal...and it comes with bags too! I've been waiting for this. Thanks, Frank! Happy holidays everyone

Oh, and between these and having an insulated mash tune, sous-vide cooking should be a breeze as well!

****, I think I probably purchased too quick. I looked at the three reviews on the website and it says the thing doesn't vacuum seal? They said it just seals the bag? I am wondering if that means all it does it basically what you can do to a zip lock bag.... Just fyi

****, I think I probably purchased too quick. I looked at the three reviews on the website and it says the thing doesn't vacuum seal? They said it just seals the bag? I am wondering if that means all it does it basically what you can do to a zip lock bag.... Just fyi

What are you looking at? In the original link, there are no reviews listed, and the name of the product is "Food Saver V2222 VACUUM SEALER kit"

EDIT: I'm referring to the link in post #3. Apparently there was an earlier one which I never saw - maybe that was the one that doesn't vacuum seal?

What are you looking at? In the original link, there are no reviews listed, and the name of the product is "Food Saver V2222 VACUUM SEALER kit"

EDIT: I'm referring to the link in post #3. Apparently there was an earlier one which I never saw - maybe that was the one that doesn't vacuum seal?

The first link was a facebook link that did not work for me. I think it was an error.

The picture shows it vacuuming and the description would disagree that this thing dosen't vacuum seal it. They would call it a heat sealer if it didn't vacuum.

Thanks to the OP. I just ordered one.
On a side note ... I have a older model that was losing it's ability to vacuum, it got to the point were the wife was ready to throw it out. I used a very tiny amount of keg lube (CIP-Film) on the seal and the thing works like new.

Thanks, now where are the cheap bags?

Two threads are running on this deal. If you check the other thread it gives a coupon code for bags. You buy 5 you get 20% off. When you put in the coupon code you get another 35% off. Just picked up 5 rolls of the 11" for 33.02. You better hurry. code # 40FEAAA

Two threads are running on this deal. If you check the other thread it gives a coupon code for bags. You buy 5 you get 20% off. When you put in the coupon code you get another 35% off. Just picked up 5 rolls of the 11" for 33.02. You better hurry. code # 40FEAAA

ZOMG....80' of bags for $33.91 after tax pretty good deal I'd say its 55% off

-=Jason=-

Got mine today. Works very well for packaging hops - I packaged a bunch of bulk hops into 60g baggies.

Got mine today. I also ordered 5 rolls of 11". They didn't have the fancy packaging (the rolls) but are the same material. Thanks to the OP for the heads up.

oh oh oh.... I have a schedule delivery date os the 24th YES its coming in time to give to the wife... here is gift for you... *cough and "me" *cough*

-=Jason=-

at Sams Club i saw a deal on bags... had like 3 rolls of 11" and 2 other rolls for $33..., not sure how good the deal is but thought id post!

Back