Friday Night, Not what it once was.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So it is 12:05 am and just like the forum state's I am druck.

What started out as a free dinner of samples at Sam's Club ends up as a life realization. Read on to discover my story haha
Let the rambling begin. I mention now that by the time this post is over it may have nothing to do with what I introduced it as because I'm already forgetting what it was going to be about.

So there I am driving home from work when I call SWMBO to see whats up for dinner. She says Sam's Club (right around the corner) is having some samples thingy tonight untill 6. lets got eat there then come home and eat if we're still hungry. Hel yes I'm game.
So we walk around and eat free samples of everything from green been casserole to egg rolls to cheescake and something call naked juice!
Upon coming home we skillet up some hamburgers recently donated by my parents from the half cow they just bought. Hot damn those were some good burgers.
We then preceeded to drink half the bottle of "fancy" wine picked up from Sam's Club. We usually stock the 2 buck chuck from Jungle Jim's in Cincy. THis 12 dollar bottle of Red was a treat. It was pretty damn good compared to the $2 stuff we usually have. After that I proceeded to drink 1.5 22ozers of my weirdly hopped brown ales. [:off:]Has anyone made the american brown ale from northern brewer?[/:off:] After those glasses, I dedcided to check on my scottish 60 in my kegerator. This has been carbing for about a week and a half to no avail. So I disconnect the beer out line 2 nights ago thinking maybe my picnic tap wasn't sealing enough causing it to not carb. So I pour, and....HELLS YES!! Good head and mild carbonation. It was jus an evening I had to share. and it was all done in my (very self proud) awesome basement with my new flat screen displaying ALton brown, then Adult swim. I am currently drinking on my newly carbed (2nd kegged) scottish 60/

Now likle I mentioned at the beginning, I sorta drifted. The reason for the thread title. This is definitely not the story of my pre-child Firday night, ut as I sit here typing I look to my left adn see my SWMBO sleeping on the sleeper couch and look in front of me and see my 3.5 month old Preston sleeping on his blanket with his little stuffed seahorse Sammy, I think, Friday nights don't get any better than this.
There are probably LOTS of typos, but I am NOTgoing back through to proof this. Don't need any repsonses, just needed to type this to this forum. I felt you all would appreciate this the most.:mug: and of course I'm:drunk:!!

RH - where in MI is Royal Oak? We have an office in Commerce Township

Update on the evening, Scottish 60/ is great and Hells Yes, Boondocks just came on.

I agree completely in that Friday nights at home with the family is king. I only wish I could delight in the glory as well. I just polished off an unimpressive SA Choco Bock and am fitting for a ciggy. This will be a hard weekend for me as I have no potential for a slight transgression. This weekend will either result in the "breaking of my smoking spirits" or a run to the corner store for a twenty pack of chill out.

Despite the drinking, my nerves are shot and I am irritable. Thankfully, the house is asleep and a glance at my 2.5 year old clutching his woobie does offer some reassuring stress relief. That is until I turn around to step barefooted into a nice warm mound of freshly yacked hairball. F#$king cats! That's it! Where are my keys?

Joke. The happy pills do help...........only a little but, so far, enough.

This is definitely not the story of my pre-child Firday night, ut as I sit here typing I look to my left adn see my SWMBO sleeping on the sleeper couch and look in front of me and see my 3.5 month old Preston sleeping on his blanket with his little stuffed seahorse Sammy, I think, Friday nights don't get any better than this.

And that was your moment of zen..

I felt you all would appreciate this the most.:mug: and of course I'm:drunk:!!

No....that was.

That is until I turn around to step barefooted into a nice warm mound of freshly yacked hairball. F#$king cats! That's it! Where are my keys?

hahaha. Yep. Life with cats.

We have four, two kittens. One of the kittens was playing with a paper bag last weekend and got stuck. He ended up running around the upstairs running into furniture, walls, and other misc. stuff with a bag on his head, which was funny (SWMBO says, I wasn' there until the aftermath) until he paniced and ended up p!ssing himself and p!ssing all over the room. So she frees him after a bit and he slinks off and is grumpy for the rest of the night, meanwhile I got to spend two hours with a blacklight cleaning up the mess. Thank goodness for cat cleaner.

The reason for the thread title. This is definitely not the story of my pre-child Firday night, ut as I sit here typing I look to my left adn see my SWMBO sleeping on the sleeper couch and look in front of me and see my 3.5 month old Preston sleeping on his blanket with his little stuffed seahorse Sammy, I think, Friday nights don't get any better than this.

And that was your moment of zen..

+1 :mug:

(10chars)

Back