Maryland Fall Brew Day 2008 - 10/11/2008

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm open to the ladies coming along if there's enough interest and they have people to talk to.

Also - I am about 10 minutes from White Marsh mall, which has a movie theatre nearby, a Kobe japanese hibachi grill, umm...shopping, and other things - if they want to meet up here then go have some womanly fun together that isn't sitting around watching fat guys make beer - that's always an option available to them.

oh my SWMBO isn't really into girly stuff, but will rally with a pack of them...hell, she's at Stone right now, bragging and gloating to me

Hmm have to think about that I have about 50 gallons right now (kegged) and 15 more fermenting.. Guess I'll bring a sampler pack of 22oz bottles of whichever 4 are on tap at the time.
that sounds like what most will do. a sampler of whatever is around

I'm open to the ladies coming along if there's enough interest and they have people to talk to.

Also - I am about 10 minutes from White Marsh mall, which has a movie theatre nearby, a Kobe japanese hibachi grill, umm...shopping, and other things - if they want to meet up here then go have some womanly fun together that isn't sitting around watching fat guys make beer - that's always an option available to them.

hey jezter u calling me FAT LOL......thems fightin wordz LOL........

so we got beer..
what else is people bringing
brats, burgers, stuff like that....cause we got to do something while.........the stuff is boiling LOL

hey jezter u calling me FAT LOL......thems fightin wordz LOL........

so we got beer..
what else is people bringing
brats, burgers, stuff like that....cause we got to do something while.........the stuff is boiling LOL

We got hookahs and 24" pizzas - what else you want to do?

And I'm calling 80% of participants fat...me included, so deal!! :mug:

We got hookahs and 24" pizzas - what else you want to do?

And I'm calling 80% of participants fat...me included, so deal!! :mug:

greco roman style wrestling
maybe beer pong
badmitten
horses
we can recreate a scene from henry the 8th

those are some ideas....
(oh I wasnt pissed u called me fat.....)
:tank:

Oct 11.

Somewhere in the general vicinity of Baltimore, MD.

Robust Porter.

I'll be there for sure. Wife amenable* to the brew day at this point in time.

* May change at a moments notice.

Oct 11.

Somewhere in the general vicinity of Baltimore, MD.

Robust Porter.

I'll be there for sure. Wife amenable* to the brew day at this point in time.

* May change at a moments notice.

Cool....

I'm going to put a signup list together sometime in the next 2 weeks, so make sure you come back and let us know for sure so that we order enough ingredients for everyone...

that goes for everyone of course, not just Cugel!

I'm a tentative participant as well - only hesitation is that my old neighborhood's Oktoberfest is that day! In the end, I'd probably rather spend the $25-30 for making beer than the $30-50 I'd spend that day drinking it at Oktoberfest (not to mention, of course, the chance to hang out with all you MD brewers!).

I'm a tentative participant as well - only hesitation is that my old neighborhood's Oktoberfest is that day! In the end, I'd probably rather spend the $25-30 for making beer than the $30-50 I'd spend that day drinking it at Oktoberfest (not to mention, of course, the chance to hang out with all you MD brewers!).

Pending your tolerance - you can drink a TON more at a homebrew gathering than you would an Oktoberfest.

And besides the amount you take home because you brewed - you can always end up taking home some of the random samples that everyone else brings so you can have drink for days to come!!!

MD Brew Day - the party that gets you drunk twice!

i will bring meade..... I only have one small batch ready, and its not a fine one :p its a school year is starting gimme what i can get batch!

Despite my best intentions, I'm going to have to miss this one. I'll be leaving for three weeks in Dubai a few days after this, so I'll probably need to be doing something other than brewing that day.

I'm bummed b/c I couldn't attend the last one, and now I'm going to have to wait some more. I was really looking forward to meeting you guys.

Next time.

Booo! Booo I say!!

I guess it's ok - if you're going to Dubai or something.

You'll be forgiven and invited to the next MD Brew Day if you bring me back some unique hookah tobacco from dubai :)

ok peoples, time to SIGN UP for the officialness.

Here's how it's going to work - please copy and paste the list above you and add your name and a status. That way the last post should have the latest list. If you put yourself on the list then can't make it - reply with the list, delete your name, and all should be well.

So, let's start it off:
------------------------------
Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
shootermeb ---- Confirmed

Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
jmulligan ---- Confirmed
98EXL + SWMBO ---- Confirmed

Oops! Forgot my driver! ;)

Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
jmulligan + HWMO ---- Confirmed

my ass will show up! and ill bring meade... and i wont bring my cat, so exl is safe! EXL will bring keggles or he will die!

Jezter6 ---- Confirmed
jmulligan + HWMO ---- Confirmed
claphamsa! wooo!-00 confirmeded

Back