Spring/Summer brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nolabrew85

Reaction score
I just wanted to see what people were brewing to have ready for the upcoming Spring and Summer. I already have a Bohemian pilsner lager fermenting, a HG ale w coriander and orange peel fermenting, and a blueberry wheat ale fermenting; but I am about to start boiling up some more batches as I get those in secondary and bottle. Just interested in what yall are doing to get some ideas!! Thanks!

Good question...I was wondering the same thing. I've got an IPA and a belgian wheat going now, but they're not exactly what I think of when I think of a spring or summer beer. I'm thinking to trying my hand at a light lager for my next batch, or maybe just going with a really light ale. Also considering a saison, although I've only had a few of these to I'll need to do some more "research" before I brew up a batch.

gonna have a maibock that i'll be brewing next week along with a brooklyn lager clone (maybe, still undecided). probably will continue to knock out wheats every 5 weeks or so & just tinker with additions just to have something around.

I made a blonde last summer (kolsch) that i dry hopped with cascade---that was pretty awesome.

I start stocking up on saisons. I have two going right now and will brew severral more ov the winter.

I'm trying to get stocked up on pale ale and bitter for RV/BBQ season.

Nothing I enjoy more than taking the crew and the camper to a nice place that has good fishing and spending a week or two just chilling. Fish in the morning, drink beer and BBQ in the afternoon. :rockin:

Rick

Ok what is this drivel about spring and summer. It was -24 the other night when I brewed. But as hope springs eternal I brewed a nice cream ale that will be wonderful if it ever warms up:tank:

Ok what is this drivel about spring and summer. It was -24 the other night when I brewed. But as hope springs eternal I brewed a nice cream ale that will be wonderful if it ever warms up:tank:

Plus I hear its pretty windy in your neck of the woods. I would love to fish Henry's fork though (in the spring of course)

I think folks have convinced me to make Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde with spring on the far horizon. I am anxious to switch attachments on the John Deere. That being the mowing deck for the snowblower.

This summer I will be drinking:

Beer:
- berliner wiess
- hoppy small american pale ale (small end of a partigyle)
- caffeinated breakfast stout
- heather honey gruit

Wine/Cider:
- sparkling skeeter pee
- sparkling cherry cider (aged on dark toast french oak chips???)
- sweet peach wine

also various meads and ice wines in small quantities around camp/bonfires.

I have been brewing in this cold as well, I am only a few miles away from you down in Firth :rockin:

For spring I have some creme ale, and plan on doing a few lagers here this week since a room in my basement stays around 50 this time of year.

Varmintman do you get your grains from L&D Brewshop???

antony said:
gonna have a maibock that i'll be brewing next week along with a brooklyn lager clone (maybe, still undecided). probably will continue to knock out wheats every 5 weeks or so & just tinker with additions just to have something around.

I made a blonde last summer (kolsch) that i dry hopped with cascade---that was pretty awesome.

That kolsch sounds pretty good. Would you mind sending me that recipe in pm.

Well,since having a "happy accident" with my last pm pale,I'll be experimenting further with my "hopped & Confused" ale for a couple more batches. The ale that thinks it's a light lager. With a lil ice beer kick on the back. This will also include an all extract version next month when I also re-brew the PM version with a couple tweaks. Def will be a nice lawnmower beer with more kick than miller's,etc.

I have decided that starting in spring I am going to design and brew a series of "Session" beers throughout the summer months. Real simple idea but not one many do around here. I think it would be a little challenging and would improve sales a bit since our beers start at 5.2% and climb from there.

I'm a big weirdo who doesn't drink to seasons. I have a Fat Tire sitting in my fermenter now, I'll probably be brewing up a small batch IPA, and for summer I think I'm gonna try making a Berlinner Weisse. Figured it could be fun to play with Lactobacillus.

I have been brewing in this cold as well, I am only a few miles away from you down in Firth :rockin:

For spring I have some creme ale, and plan on doing a few lagers here this week since a room in my basement stays around 50 this time of year.

Varmintman do you get your grains from L&D Brewshop???

I do get the grains from Leon. One heck of a nice guy and his prices are right

Heck man I am just barely in IF on the south side. Other side of the road and I would be in Shelley

Wheats, pilsners, and saisons, yum! Hopefully our kitchen remodel is done in a month so I can brew again soon ....

I don't know where Yall are from where it is so cold. I am down here in New Orleans, Louisiana, so I have to try to make all ales during our short winter. Otherwise it is too costly to keep the air condition on so low to keep them at the right temp.

Back