What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some "samples" from my chilean malbec, orfy's mild (from the fermenter at day 10), and my house pale ale.

Just found a new beer store in the Chattanooga area with 20 beers on tap in a growler station and a ton of nice beers in bottles.

Picked up a 6'er of Two-Hearted Ale, 4 pack of 90 minute, and a growler of Lagunitus Sucks

Really looking forward to these beers.

Sam'l Smith's Nut Brown Ale

Wife's drinking her northern english brown (not a clone, she simply used the recipe guidelines in Papazian's book. it was the first recipe she came up with), i keep stealing sips, i think her's might be better! :rocking:

Incredible, I can't believe I made a beer that good! Glad you like it too, it'll be a regular in our house!! :tank:

Golden Gun (remember 007 on N64)... one shot and you're dead:tank:
It's a golden strong, that to me, at 7.8% is short of where it should be and isn't quite balanced by the hops but its just way too easy to drink:ban:

Middle Ages Wailing Wench...on tap, not too often you find a local barley wine in a bar, let alone on draft.

Was at the local pub hanging with the owner/GM of Clown Shoes. Came home after a few pints to catch my Dad (visiting from out of town) in a rare form. He was wanting to sip on some alcohol and listen to music. I killed a bottle of wine myself so far and we are still going strong. What a great night!

Right now? Nothing. But this week I'm polishing off the last of the IPAs I brewed in October/early November. I love 'em, but I'm ready for something new. Next up are a few batches of Cooper's Mexican Cerverza (they were gifts, why not?), and then two different honey ale recipes.

I'm trying the two new Trader Joe's Boatswain beers. Looks like they are contract brewed by Rhinelander Brewing out of WI (the re-branded or re-introduced Minhas Brewery??). Figured I'd give these guys a try as the other TJs contract beers are decent for the price (the Mission St beers that are contract brewed for TJ's by Firestone Walker anyway).

The HLV (Heavy Lift Vessel) is billed as Hoppy Dark Brown, it's not bad but it doesn't come across as hoppy (even at 80 ibu) and it's a bit thin IMO as an American Brown.

The other one is the American IPA. Not too shabby, certainly not that hoppy but a fine drinkable AIPA. Decent for the price @$1.99/Bomber (equivalent of less than $7 sixer)

Surly Furious. I have my clone in the fermenter, but my last one was staring at me in the fridge. Damn this stuff is good. Right behind that was a Tallgrass Oasis. If you haven't had either of these beers, you must make plans to procure some.
I could die tonight a happy man.

Just finished a sample of my Lakefront IBA outta the bottling bucket, now on one of my Imperial Honey Wheat.

Kegged and sampled my half hearted ripoff of two hearted with all cascade and some leftover 15 and 40L. Very citrusy and light. 5% and super summer ale i think. Will know more after it mellows in the garage and some cooler temps.

Schell's Pils. revisiting this brewery with my enlightened palate. (i really didn't like them back in the day) i still think their alt is my favorite of their bottled offerings, but the pils isn't half bad, a little harsh and minerally, but i prefer bohemian pilsners over the german style. this one's quite nice for what it is.

North Coast Red Seal. Currently drinking a soda while I wait for family and friends to come over. Throwing a BBQ for 12 tonight. Kinda a pre-house warming house warming. There will be lots of beer consumed tonight, both home brew and retail craft/microbrews.

Latest posts

Back