Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, too, have that drip tray - great deal. I just have it sitting on some welding magets, per the suggestion of MadDwarf, so I didn't have to drill any holes.

I want to show my new toys. I now have four perlick faucets on the wall in my basement! :D It took me a while to get everything together because this past month was pretty busy. I still have some work to do..sanding staining..making it look a little more pretty.

I am not quite sure how to post pics...but I will figure it out later as I am at work now..haha.

I want to show my new toys. I now have four perlick faucets on the wall in my basement! :D It took me a while to get everything together because this past month was pretty busy. I still have some work to do..sanding staining..making it look a little more pretty.

I am not quite sure how to post pics...but I will figure it out later as I am at work now..haha.

Photbucket etc or you can get a paid membership here and then you can attach pics or upload them to your HBT gallery!

Not to mention.. other things.

Here's mine. I still need to put the faucets and tubing in.

11262d1242656823-keezer-almost-done-now-i-need-you-cimg0890.jpg

I am thinking about making a Kegerator. How far can the beer travel in the lines? I was thinking about putting the kegerator in the basement and having the lines go up through the floor and put the taps in the kitchen. Would something like this work? Or am I pushing the gravitational limits of the keg?

thanks for the help. Pic will be a while, need to build the kegerator and also need to get into the new place. soon enough

There was a homebrewer guy on the HGTV show where they take on remodels then fail miserably. The only part of his remodel he finished was the kegerator in the basement pushing beer out the taps in his kitchen wall. There was some commercial cold air loop option he went with for cooling the lines. This would really be the only thing difficult about this.

This is my kegerator/keezer

started with a $30 freezer from craigslist.

i just finished it to night, so it sits empty, but it will b e in use for the holiday weekend! I am going to subsidize it with an IPA from the local micro brewery until my first batch is ready for kegging.

DSC02117.JPG

DSC021191.JPG

the spots are on the camera lens, happens when i leave my camera in my shop, and take pics when lots of paint is airborne :-/

This is my kegerator/keezer

started with a $30 freezer from craigslist.

i just finished it to night, so it sits empty, but it will b e in use for the holiday weekend! I am going to subsidize it with an IPA from the local micro brewery until my first batch is ready for kegging.

DSC02117.JPG

DSC021191.JPG

the spots are on the camera lens, happens when i leave my camera in my shop, and take pics when lots of paint is airborne :-/

Pretty damn slick!

Nice work! Give us some details about that wood top please? Type of wood, stain, how you built it, etc.

Thanks!

Nice work! Give us some details about that wood top please? Type of wood, stain, how you built it, etc.

Thanks!

i have a lot of build pics, and a thread i will be updating.

top is red oak, 3/4" top 1/2"x"sides (project material) it is stained with 3 coats of red mahogany and 6 coats of eurothane.

This is what I was thinking of replacing my tap box with but didn't know how it would look. This confirms that it could look great. Beautiful build and my SWMBO will soon hate you for making me decommission my keezer temporarily. Is that paint PVC? Looking forward for the build pictures so I can straight copy it! Thanks

My wife found me an old beat up commercial "sandwich bar" fridge (I'm unsure what it REALLY was). We refinished the stainless steel front, ripped apart the top, and re-insulated it. We went Ikea on it, and installed a counter top from the as-is section, and the stainless steel rails are actually Ikea curtain rods that we bought 80% off. All in all, I thought it turned out ok, thought I would post it here, see what you all thought.

The first picture was the one the original owner emailed to me, before I went to pick it up- it was buried in his garage. Looked prettttty ugly, but my WIFE said it had potential (for the price)- she was right (aren't they "always"?).

2eem1p3.jpg

r764qf.jpg

2hp4v80.jpg

2wee6f9.jpg

I should add that yes- it is IN the kitchen, where the stove SHOULD go. I have a VERY understanding wife. (Who needs to cook when you have BEER on tap, anyways?)

That is a sweet kegerator, surprised to only see 2 taps there, the thing looks like it could hold more... does the front open or do you have to top load?

That is a sweet kegerator, surprised to only see 2 taps there, the thing looks like it could hold more... does the front open or do you have to top load?

It has a door on front (it used to have one on top too, but we filled it with foam, and that is where the lines run).

It really only holds two kegs, and the CO2 cylinder in front- it looks larger than it really is, because it has a sloped back to make room for the compressor, and heat exchanger behind. It's actually a pretty tight fit for two kegs. I was surprised too, after I got it home and checked!I bought it based on that one picture without having seen the inside. Here's a pic of the inside of it, (pre-modified, when I was sizing it, to figure out how many taps to install) with one old pin-lock keg, and two normal ball locks. They all BARELY fit, so two taps it was.

168uzw9.jpg

Here is my through the wall project, just about done....(isnt that what we all say)
The full size fridge I used is on the other side of the wall about 4 feet away. Ran the lines and here it is. You dont know how honored I am to post these photos here. There have been some amazing projects!
0002-1.jpeg

0005.jpeg

0003.jpeg

I am SOOO stealing that idea!!!
my garage is on the opposite wall of the kitchen..so i could have a tap on the kitchen counter.

Well, it's been a long six month road of building this kegerator. I started with a 2 tap setup, then added things along the way. But I have finally arrived! After this post I promise to stop showing you guys the same damn kegerator after every little modification :D. Meet the new and improved kegerator:

Version 1.0 (2 taps):
DSCF0003-1.JPG

Version 2.0 (3 taps and a cheap plastic drip tray):
DSCF0156.JPG

Version 2.5 (upgraded to the stainless drip tray):
DSCF0171.JPG

Version 3.0 (4 taps, 4-way manifold, new coat of gloss black paint):
DSCF0187.JPG

DSCF0188.JPG

Fits 5 kegs comfortably:
DSCF0200.JPG

Dual pressure regulator:
DSCF0202.JPG

My wife found me an old beat up commercial "sandwich bar" fridge (I'm unsure what it REALLY was). We refinished the stainless steel front, ripped apart the top, and re-insulated it. We went Ikea on it, and installed a counter top from the as-is section, and the stainless steel rails are actually Ikea curtain rods that we bought 80% off. All in all, I thought it turned out ok, thought I would post it here, see what you all thought.

The first picture was the one the original owner emailed to me, before I went to pick it up- it was buried in his garage. Looked prettttty ugly, but my WIFE said it had potential (for the price)- she was right (aren't they "always"?).

2eem1p3.jpg

r764qf.jpg

2hp4v80.jpg

2wee6f9.jpg

I should add that yes- it is IN the kitchen, where the stove SHOULD go. I have a VERY understanding wife. (Who needs to cook when you have BEER on tap, anyways?)

VERY nice looking. Simple, and looks like it was professionally made. Cool!

Yep, nice and purdy. How much for the high pressure line from the tank to the regulator?

Thanks! The regulator and high pressure hose was part of a CraigsList score, so I have no idea what they run for. It's pretty nice to have all that crap on the outside though, otherwise it would be more of a spider's nest inside than it already is :D. Cheers!

VERY nice looking. Simple, and looks like it was professionally made. Cool!

Professionally done, thanks to the Ikea as-is section, and hand sanding the stainless steel... What a CHORE that was! Thanks, I rather liked it myself- it had to be "simple" looking to match the kitchen decor, so my wife wouldn't kill me! I wanted to pimp it out, but she said no go.

LOL! cmon ,PBR is a must!!!
I admit..im a Pats fan..and yes i get a lot of bull for it, mostly from my Steelers buddy.
but dude ..i got a bus, i brew beer, like Meatloaf says "2 outta 3 aint bad?"hehe

Back