Is this stuff ready to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouza

Reaction score
I brewed 3 beers on October 11th.
An Oaked Porter, a Brown, and a Pumpkin Ale.
They were sitting in my temperature controlled freezer at 68 degrees up until Sunday. Most of the activity in each carboy had died down enough for me to feel good about moving them over to secondary with about 7 or 8 days.
The temps around here dipped pretty low for about a week or so causing the temps in the freezer to fall (after the primary activity was complete).
So, I thought that I would be best served bringing them inside to see if the yeast got a bit lazy due to the cooler temps.
Since they have been inside, I notice there is a VERY small amount of activity going on within each carboy. A very thin layer of bubbles along the edge of the top of the beer (very fine bubbles - they would be difficult to photograph).
I am wondering if I should let them sit a bit longer in the house.
I've never noticed this before and think that I may be looking at the things a little too seriously.
Problem is... I have 7 batches in primary/secondary that need to be bottled before my baby boy is born. I only have about 3 weeks. I need to get moving.
Whatcha think?

Agreed. I've been a very lazy guy over the last 6 months.
Nope... nada... not even an OG.

"Stuff!? STUFF!?" Why I outta take a mash paddle to ya..... never refer to homebrew as Stuff ... Stuff is that smelly crap between your toes when you Bivouac for a week ..... JEEZE ...

now that I am calmer did you take a hydro reading?

I would take a gravity reading. The small amount of bubbles is probably co2 coming out of solution as the beer warms up.

Back