Hello from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ogre7878

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to brewing, about 6 Extract brews into it. I'm pretty easy to please at the moment, just thrilled to brew beer that is decent tasting.

I'm interested in going all grain and working toward finding a recipe that I love and can repeat with some regularity.

Anyways, I've been reading the forum now for a couple months and figured I would introduce myself.

Welcome Ogre! I wish I lived closer to Sicilianos, but I make do with the occasional trip. Let us know what your brewing and chime in whenever you can.

Well, right now I have:

Primary: Abita Turbo Dog Clone & a Belgium White
Secondary: none
Kegged: Octoberfest

Next up, I'm going to try Ed Wort's magical apple concotion.

Reed City, hmmm, what is the name of the bakery up there with the good cookies?

For some odd reason there's a lot of brewers in Michigan...And it appears we have the largest amount of LHBS's, or places that at least sell SOME homebrewing supplies of any other state. Over 18 that I know of...

We also have the largest club of all the other sub groups here on the forum.

ain't nothing like tooting our own horn huh revvy? welcome to the insanity ogre and if you like pales try edwort's haus pale recipe, good one for first AG try.

Well, right now I have:

Primary: Abita Turbo Dog Clone & a Belgium White
Secondary: none
Kegged: Octoberfest

Next up, I'm going to try Ed Wort's magical apple concotion.

Reed City, hmmm, what is the name of the bakery up there with the good cookies?

The Bakery in town is called: Wright's Bake Shop.

I got Ed's Apfelwein ready to bottle right now. Unfortunately this darn house is keeping me busy, so it's going to have to stay in the carboy another week probably. Maybe more.

Welcome, noob brewer from the Mitten State! There's a lot of us lurking about.....I'm down by Bangor/Covert area. Bell's in Kazoo is also an excellent place for HB supplies.

Glad you're here!

Back