A little help with unifying these two images

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyangler18

Reaction score
My Photoshop skills aren't what they used to be, so I'm hoping someone can handhold me through this process. Here's two files- one using Says-it.com for a base logo and a jpeg B/W shot of my dog. What I'd like to do is get the BW to fit inside the shield edges...but I'll admit, I'm a little lost.

bailey flash-HBT.jpg

BBBC.gif

Select the center of the badge with the Magic Wand tool and under EDIT select PASTE INTO and it will create a mask and paste the image into the shape that is selected and then you can position it where you want

I'm still figuring out how to finish the coloring at the bottom of the logo, but here's some recent work:

If someone could fix the bottom, that would be awesome!

BBBC-1.gif

You might want to put an outline around the text as it gets a little lost in the dark maroon color.

barking-beagle.jpg

1. Use the eyedropper tool to sample the gray background just under the dog's chin
2. Use the magic wand to select the center-of-badge shape
3. Create a new layer behind the dog head layer
4. Fill selection with gray color.
5. Blend. I would start by taking another copy of the dog face layer like you originally did, keep the center-of-badge shape selected, and play around with the feather option. Put that feathered layer under the original dog head layer and slowly work the bottom edge of original dog layer with the eraser. Adding a gradient to the gray layer might help as well.

Thanks for your help, guys! Need to dust off the Photoshop books.

I'll post new revisions up here as I continue tweaking this design.

That's a handsome hound.... it's no Boxer, but handsome none the less!

Schlante,
Phillip

Latest posts

Back