Another DYI Motorized Grain Mill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericwatkins_utk

Reaction score
Here is some photos of my newest project. I got most of the parts from the scrap heap at work.

Had to make a couple changes: Motor was too small. I upgrated to a 1/4 HP. It has the needed torque to handle a hopper of grain.

Half the fun of homebrewing is the DYI projects.

DYI: Motorized Grain Mill

Awesome. The utk in your name reminds me of something up my way. Does it have any affiliation with Knoxville?

Hope the brew day went ok!

Awesome. The utk in your name reminds me of something up my way. Does it have any affiliation with Knoxville?

Absolutely! I lived in Knoxville from 2004-2008 and Kodak / Sevierville from 2009-2010. Got a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UTK and went to work for Sonoco Products in Newport after graduation. Landair Freight out of Greenville is the plants dedicated carrier. I miss the area. Its some of the most beautiful country in the world.

Cool. I thought it might be something like that. It is beautiful here. Augusta is pretty too!

Back