First Post: Honeywell industrial controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmmuellr

Reaction score
Long time HBD subscriber, finally got off my ass and figured I'd join here! :D

Quite some time ago, I was given two Honeywell industrial controllers by an old lab manager who was going to scrap them and he thought I might be able to put them in my home brewery. As far as I know they work just fine, and physically they look great. One is a DC3002-0-100-2-00-0111, and the other is DC3003-01-100-2-00-0111. (Any idea what the model numbers break down as?)

Question 1: Should I use these in an electrical brewery, or e-bay them and purchase the standard PIDs w/ the proceeds?

Question 2: I'm an electrical moron. :cross: Where's all the info in one place for me to learn all this PID, SSR, etc stuff? Is there a holy grail of electrical brewing that'll teach me most everything I'll need to know to put together an electrical brewery?

Plan: 3 keggles ('cause I have them already). 240V heat sticks (what wattage??) for 10 gal batch size, 1 march pump ('cause I have it). Basement brewery. Temp controlled HLT and MLT, power proportion control on the MT.

Thanks!
Kevin

If I may:

The fourth section of the code (-2-) indicates that both controllers have 4-20ma input, hence they can't directly use RTD or Thermocouple.

So to answer question 1: I think it will be better to get standard PID controllers.

As far as question 2, I learnt a lot by browsing the electric section. Most of the stuff are in there. If none, then other senior members are very helpful in helping with your questions.

Good luck with the journey...

If I may:

The fourth section of the code (-2-) indicates that both controllers have 4-20ma input, hence they can't directly use RTD or Thermocouple.

Anyone need some honeywell industrial controllers? :)

Thanks, where did you find out the info on the code?

Kevin

Latest posts

Back