Labels from Boerderij Kabouter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am cranking on designs... I have Oktoberfest coming up and another big homebrew party so I have been brewing a lot...

Anyway, here is the tap handle for my Märzenbier.

Wild%20Thing%20tap.png

the yellow feels wrong. i'd use the blue from the background on the bottle design.

Wait. What do American hops and German brewing have to do with ninjas???

Shouldn't it be... erm... lederhosen cowboy, or something?!? :p

(Oh dear god, I just googled Lederhosen Cowboy, and THIS came up! http://www.lederhosencowboy.de/)

Shark! Ninja! was destined to be the 2010 Brouwerij Boerderij Kabouter Helles... until I totally lost my shat on brewday. I was brewing three beers on two systems all three beers with decoction mashes. I lost control of the situation and dumped the hops from the Pumpkin king into the Helles and the Helles hops into the Pumpkin King. Just fine for the pumpkin beer. However, I killed the Helles.

It is a Helles malt bill, double deco, fermented with Bavarian lager yeast. Bittering hops Chinook at 30 minutes, flavor hops Columbus and Amarillo at 10m... It will still be 18 IBU and fit the numbers of a Helles, but the flavor is likely to be interesting.

I then decided to make a crazy random label. The first random thing I thought of was 'Shark! Ninja!' so I googled that and found the image above. I was inspired by another shark label I saw earlier and the ninja was just the next random thing I thought of.

This is a label I made for a friend. I like it so I am posting it up here... I might use it, although I don't think I will have any fresh hops so I may need to change the name.

Wetness.png

I finally took some time to design a new label. Here is my Maibock...

Maibock.png

Also, I am going to start putting QR codes on the back of my bottles and taps with all the info from each batch (recipe, numbers, date, etc.) Here is the one for this current batch of Maibock.

Maibock_QR_code.png

Here is a thread describing usable barcodes and QR codes. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f46/barcode-generation-scannable-221576/

Here is the generator I am using:
http://delivr.com/qr-code-generator

Basically, a smart phone can scan the image and read up to 2000 characters that are in the QR code. Pretty sweet IMO.

Very nice! this thread fell under my radar for a while, don't know why, but great work!

New recipe I am trying out for a Special Bitter: the Three Lions.

Three%252520Lions.png

tap handle:

Three%252520Lions%252520tap.png

QR code:
Three%252520Lions%252520QR.png

My last name is Talbot. Our family crest has three purple lions rampart. This is not my best effort, but it will do.

This is a wierd beer I am brewing now, it is a Flemish Red base beer that is fermented clean with a Belgian yeast, then the base beer is blended with a wine from my vinyard that I fermented with wild yeast. The wine is very sour, so the blending will add the sourness to make a strange interpretation of a Flemish sour red. I am excited for it. Going to Oak age it in a French oak barrel for a bit too.

WhinyTart.png

Latest posts

Back