Looking for someone to test equipment (AKA extremely cheap kettle prices)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We're looking to expand out kettle selection and we have some new kettles in that we'd like to get out in the field.

We're looking for 4 users from HBT to do some brews with them and then write a review on them. We'll be selling them but at an extremely reduced rate. All 4 kettles come with lid and 2 1/2" NPT fittings that have been TIG welded in. Here's what we have and the price:

15 gallon stainless tri-bottom kettle - $150 shipped
10 gallon stainless tri-bottom kettle - $120 shipped
15 gallon aluminum kettle - $100 shipped
10 gallon aluminum kettle - $80 shipped

We are only selling 1 of each kettle size. We're looking for more of a 'senior' poster with brewing experience. Please post if you're interested.

Thanks,
Ben

15gal Al:
CIMG2501.jpg

10gal Al:
CIMG2503.jpg

Inside Weld on Al Kettle:
CIMG2502.jpg

15gal SS:
CIMG2506.jpg

10gal SS:
CIMG2504.jpg

Inside Weld on SS Kettle:
CIMG2505.jpg

Hey Spike,
I am looking for a 20-25 gallon kettle in which to install a 5500w element. It will be used for the boil. Any chance of that? I have been brewing since 2007, currently I have a kettle similar to a Penrose, but am looking for a larger size.

I will test your 15 gallon SS kettle if you like. I am an accomplished brewer with both pro and home experience and a masters degree in Chemical Engineering. Ask ApexBrewWares Jeremy if you would like a reference, as he has sampled my pro brew recently. I would be glad to give feedback and post as needed.

I really wish I had an extra 150 for that 15gal ss. I would love a new kettle that has all the hard work done for me.

Hey Spike,
I am looking for a 20-25 gallon kettle in which to install a 5500w element. It will be used for the boil. Any chance of that? I have been brewing since 2007, currently I have a kettle similar to a Penrose, but am looking for a larger size.

For an electric kettle I would recommend my single layer kettle. I'm working on the electric kettle. It's a little ways off in the future at the moment though.

I will test your 15 gallon SS kettle if you like. I am an accomplished brewer with both pro and home experience and a masters degree in Chemical Engineering. Ask ApexBrewWares Jeremy if you would like a reference, as he has sampled my pro brew recently. I would be glad to give feedback and post as needed.

You're second in line at the moment but it looks like A4J will be testing the 15gal SS. I still have the other 3 unaccounted for.

Spike,
I could do the 10 SS but I'd prefer the 15 SS. What's the bottom diameter for the 10?

The diameter for the 10gal SS is 16" in diameter.

The 10 gallon aluminum would be perfect at 16 tall and 14 wide.
Need thermometers and valves.
Order from you site? and how soon do you need the order?

I can send out an invoice including everything you need. PM me and let me know.

Is this one of those offers you see on TV to get people to call??....The first 50 callers pay only xx.xx!!!!! Don't let this deal pass you by!:)

For an electric kettle I would recommend my single layer kettle. I'm working on the electric kettle. It's a little ways off in the future at the moment though.

I am just looking for a decent kettle. I can TIG it here.

I would like 20+ gallon, preferably a 25 gallon. Do you have anything like that?

I would have interest in buying one of the 10 gallon stainless tri-bottom kettles.

I've been brewing about 5 years and all-grain for 3 years. This style of kettle is exactly what i'm looking for. I am looking for an even distribution of heat which the tri-bottom will give me as well, on windy days I can relight my flame before losing a boil...

I frequent 3 brew clubs, and have brewed 25 - 5 gallon batches last year, one of which made it to the final round of Preston and Steve's Triumph Homebrew contest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

- Bill Friederich

I would be interested in the 15 gal SS kettle, if you change your mind and also want to include some less experienced brewers.

Are you buying these kettles and turning them around or are you making them from scratch? I like the shape of the Alum (tall and narrower) but would like it to be in stainless, is that possible?

I would have interest in buying one of the 10 gallon stainless tri-bottom kettles.

I've been brewing about 5 years and all-grain for 3 years. This style of kettle is exactly what i'm looking for. I am looking for an even distribution of heat which the tri-bottom will give me as well, on windy days I can relight my flame before losing a boil...

I frequent 3 brew clubs, and have brewed 25 - 5 gallon batches last year, one of which made it to the final round of Preston and Steve's Triumph Homebrew contest.

I look forward to hearing from you.

- Bill Friederich

PM sent

I would be interested in the 15 gal SS kettle, if you change your mind and also want to include some less experienced brewers.

The 15gal is spoken for, sorry.

Are you buying these kettles and turning them around or are you making them from scratch? I like the shape of the Alum (tall and narrower) but would like it to be in stainless, is that possible?

We purchase the kettles and weld the fittings on. I have a lead on some taller than wide SS kettles but they will be single layered. Not sure what you're looking for,

-Ben

If you could get back to me with pricing on those taller than wide SS kettles, that would be great.

Back