Filthy A$$ Customers!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azscoob

Brewpub coming soon!
Reaction score
Do you guys ever have to deal with nasty filthy people and their nasty filthy stuff???
I just had the joy of working on this gross car, they were complaining about it running like crap and had poor acceleration, the motor turned out to be blown! it had a hole in the piston in cyl 3. he declined to do any work to it. There was no authorized diag time so I did not get paid for my time spent working on it.
Honestly what is wrong with some people?? Can they not clean up their filth before bringing the car in for repairs? How about just shoveling it out? I often get some nasty cars in the shop, snots wiped all over the seat, or on the steering wheel, spilled soda ect all over the car, but this takes the cake! There were half empty nasty old milk cartons in the car, half eaten fast food both in and out of the wrappers, soda cans and cups. I almost threw up from the smell as I pulled it in the shop.

filthycar1.jpg

filthycar2.jpg

If Diag time is not authorized in advance by my the service writer I dont get paid for my work. Flat rate is crappy that way, I get paid a certain amount of time regardless of how long the job takes, so a timing belt might pay me 3 hours if it takes me 1 hour or 9 hours, and if there is no work coming in I am there for free(try going to work for a day, if there is no work for you to do they just dont pay you). most mechanics get paid like this, not hourly as some folks would think. If a half hour or hour is not ok'd up front and the work is declined, I just spent that time working for free and the customer pays nothing.

Wow! I thought mine was bad! I haul 4 dogs around, so the back is full of dog hair, but it's never been THAT bad!

Can't believe they weren't embarrassed about it.

I feel like I need a shower, but I dont think it will help.

On another note, I just worked on a brand new 2011 Sorento that the customer bedazzled the hell out of the interior, anybody want pics of that one??

with a james bond style beer tap?

(or do you mean like the Ron-Co kind of 'bedazzler'?) schzeesh!

I have to admit...my car is that bad, granted nothing smelling but mainly filled with empty water bottles that I haven't had time to gather for the recycling bin

But I always clean it out before I force someone else to live with my filth.

Its like having people over and not cleaning up a bit around the house. clean the trash out before bringing the car in!

as for the bedazzled Sorento, it is not the james bond style, its the little plastic gems glued to everything!

This one's from a 400+lb dude that works in my building. There's glare from the window but the floor is filled to the seat, and the back seat is the same way! I imagine all that soda, fast food, and cigarettes is doing wonders for his health. uh...

vdfxqh.jpg

I feel like I need a shower, but I dont think it will help.

On another note, I just worked on a brand new 2011 Sorento that the customer bedazzled the hell out of the interior, anybody want pics of that one??

That is a dumb question.

If you have them we NEED to see them.

If Diag time is not authorized in advance by my the service writer I dont get paid for my work. Flat rate is crappy that way, I get paid a certain amount of time regardless of how long the job takes, so a timing belt might pay me 3 hours if it takes me 1 hour or 9 hours, and if there is no work coming in I am there for free(try going to work for a day, if there is no work for you to do they just dont pay you). most mechanics get paid like this, not hourly as some folks would think. If a half hour or hour is not ok'd up front and the work is declined, I just spent that time working for free and the customer pays nothing.

That don't work around these parts.

The car goes in the shop, it's automatically 1/2 hour. And that's before anybody looks at it. Some places it's a full hour charge.

My sister's car was sort of like that sometimes. I told her she should get some walmart bags and every few days throw all that sht in a bag and get rid of it. I got kids too, sis, but my cars are never like that!

Some person in my town had a full-sized van floor to ceiling with trash. Haven't seen it in a while, but I always wondered if they had a hoarding problem.

It's like, Dude, take 10 minutes out of your precious day and throw that crap out!! Gross!

This one's from a 400+lb dude that works in my building. There's glare from the window but the floor is filled to the seat, and the back seat is the same way! I imagine all that soda, fast food, and cigarettes is doing wonders for his health. uh...

vdfxqh.jpg

That is a strange picture. It's like two things are superimposed and I'm seeing both of them. The must be the glare from the window or something... I'm getting a little tripped out.

Ever heard of a thought experiment known as Schroedinger's beater? It's a rusted-out mid '90's Dodge neon. Inside, there is a gallon of milk that has been sitting in the sun for three months underneath the debris of empty crave cases and cigarette cartons. When the 400+ lb driver sits down in the vehicle, there is a 50/50 chance that a used insulin syringe lying on the floor will pierce the milk jug and release a stench so terrible that it gives the driver his fifth (and final) heart attack. Now quantum mechanics dictates that until a measurement is carried out on the system, the car and its contents exist in a superposition of states, where the driver is both dead and alive at the same time...

That is a strange picture. It's like two things are superimposed and I'm seeing both of them. The must be the glare from the window or something... I'm getting a little tripped out.

Yup.... glare from the window and a partial reflection of my Jeep in the background.

i clean carpet for a living. the worst house i have ever beenin the were useing their spare bedroom for a home for four dogs there literally was not 3 square inches in the whole room that didnt have $hit on it. they should have kiled those people and fed them to those poor dogs.
ps i really dont like animals but i hate people who get pets and neglect them

I've had a few boyfriends who drove around in sh*tmobiles - cars where I couldn't get in the passenger seat without stepping on some crap. Come to think of it, their apartments / rooms didn't look much better. I just don't get it.

The older I get, the lower my tolerance for that type of behavior.

I will definately take pics of the odd and/or nasty cars as they roll in, one I am thinking of is a regular customer that we refer to as "deep-fried seats" the seats are so nasty and gross they really look like they were deep-fried! I just did a used car that came in with bloody boogers wiped all over the driver door fabric. shoulda got pics of that one. I repaired a BMW Z3 back in '99 his seat was jammed, I removed a 12-14" dildo from the seat frame.

I will definately take pics of the odd and/or nasty cars as they roll in, one I am thinking of is a regular customer that we refer to as "deep-fried seats" the seats are so nasty and gross they really look like they were deep-fried! I just did a used car that came in with bloody boogers wiped all over the driver door fabric. shoulda got pics of that one. I repaired a BMW Z3 back in '99 his seat was jammed, I removed a 12-14" dildo from the seat frame.

LOL! That was why the seat was stuck! Never would have sold it if I knew that.

a few weeks ago, while sitting in the drive through of one of the local fast food eateries, i watched a lady literally 'climb' her way out of the drivers seat of her car. she had both hands on the 'oh 5h!t' handle on the drivers side and was using her feet / legs to scamper across the stack of newspapers that were on her seat.

I'm a plumber and yeah I've seen some nasty houses. I recently installed a toilet for a guy who has apparently never cleaned his bathroom. The old commode had dried piss on the sides...and the tank...even the bathtub appeared to have some overspray on it. That guy doesn't know it, but he paid extra.

I went to help a buddy at another house where the garage smelled like cat piss. Inside the house, the smell was 10x worse. One problem was a leak under the kitchen sink. I looked under the sink and the floor of the cabinet was not wet...it was GONE. As in rotted away ages ago, swept up and thrown away. The only wood left was a piece on its side that had been a support for the cabinet floor. It fell over when I touched it.

That don't work around these parts.

The car goes in the shop, it's automatically 1/2 hour. And that's before anybody looks at it. Some places it's a full hour charge.

Same here. And they woill reject the service is the car is THAT filthy or charge a fee to have it cleaned prior to any diagnostics or service.

I looked under the sink and the floor of the cabinet was not wet...it was GONE. As in rotted away ages ago, swept up and thrown away. The only wood left was a piece on its side that had been a support for the cabinet floor. It fell over when I touched it.

I have this going on too. Lived in the house for 6 years and have slowly seen the cabinet bottom sag to uselessness. Have made several attempts to trace the leak and made some dumb guesses on repairs (sealing joints etc...)

However, we have always kept bus bins under there to catch the water drips.

Only last year did I finally discover the source of the leak. An old damned faucet. when you apply pressure to it, as if you are truning it to the other basin, it leaks at the bottom joint. I suspect it has done this internally for years and has only worn itself out to the point of revealing the issue.

Went to look at replacement faucets and the wife want the $300 one. WTF?

Back