Gas manifold.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think this could be used for a gas manifold. C02.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-WAY-QUALITY...ryZ93636QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

36_1_b.JPG

4mm outlets

It's hard to tell. Those don't look like regular barb fittings. What kind of lines are supposed to attach to it?

Sure looks pretty though!

Since that's made for an aquarium/pond, my only concern might be holding up to the pressure you'll be putting through it. Not sure what a pond system runs at.

Edit: The auction says the ports are 4mm! That's 4 millimeters = 0.157480315 inches (thanks google)!!

I'd venture to say too small for kegging.

why too small? pressure is pressure. if you can get tubing around it with a clamp, and get gas to go through, you should be fine.

if that can withstand a significant amount of pressure though... i don't know.

Well, I'm not exactly sure you could "get tubing around it with a clamp". Those outlets are the size that you'd find on a fish tank air pump. Finding hose that will hold up to the pressure and not be permeable will be a challenge. Same goes for finding a clamp that small. I guess maybe rubber bands? :confused:

oetiker. and as long as you have it under pressure, permeability shouldn't be a problem, since most tubing is pvc anyway.

i am not saying it is ideal, but i think it could be workable if in a pinch.

Back