Smoked Eggs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardtack

Reaction score
Just about every Holiday around here one of the side Dishes is Deviled Eggs.

Well I Like my Eggs Smoked,and it`s real easy to do.

Just put em in the smoker @225 for 2 hours,I use Hickory but I`m sure any of the Fruit woods would be really nice.
Once there done I let them cool ,put them back in the carton and Refrigerate.

That way when the wife makes the deviled eggs there ready to go.
I always make sure to save a few for a snack with a little salt.

Now if your already gonna smoke something you can just fill the empty spaces with eggs.

Once you`ve tried them you may never boil eggs again.

They can stay in the Fridge for a couple of weeks but they never last that long

Really? Smoked eggs, I've never heard of such a thing.

These Started out as Jumbo White Eggs

100_1503.JPG

They actually look a lot better when there done but my Wife's OCD makes me wash them off LoL.

I have the fire lit in the smoker already. Waiting for things to heat up then its pork butt, ribs and THESE EGGS for the Super Bowl! Thanks Hardtack!

Just a note, make sure that you give the eggs enough time to warm up when they come out of the fridge. Otherwise they might POP inside your smoker and "add flavor" to anything else you might be smoking.

I smoked a dozen last week. They were great! I read elswhere that you should put the eggs in the smoker before it is lit so they raise in temp slowly. That is also supposed to help avoid exploding eggs. I did not have any egg bombs. Thanks for the idea. I will be doing it again.

I did a dozen.... heavy smoke, 225 for 2.5 hrs to be sure. Nice eggs, but not a hint of smoke taste. Made a dozen with smoked eggs, a dozen with boiled eggs, served at a gathering and no one could tell which were smoked and which were not.

Roylee with the heavy smoke you may have closed the shell with creosote, so the flavor did'nt get through.

Any body try a salt brine on this? My idea is to dissolve salt in HOT (not boiling) water to open the shell to take salt in. Thoughts?

I did these a while ago and they didn't have any smoke flavor except for the one egg that had its shell crack in the smoker.

I`ve never had these fail to smoke.
I do start cold ,bring it up to temp, and then set the timer for two hours
I use Hickory on em and the flavor always gets right into the eggs.

Hardtack... I used oak, eggs to room temp, brought smoker temp gradually to 225 and not a bit of smoke flavor. I'll try again with hickory. (I can't imagine the comment that the eggs 'creosoted over' and wouldn't take smoke was the issue. My oak chips were good, well dried.... anyway, will try it again. thanks. (your cat reminds me of ours)

Hardtack... I used oak, eggs to room temp, brought smoker temp gradually to 225 and not a bit of smoke flavor. I'll try again with hickory. (I can't imagine the comment that the eggs 'creosoted over' and wouldn't take smoke was the issue. My oak chips were good, well dried.... anyway, will try it again. thanks. (your cat reminds me of ours)

Only thing i can think of is my smoker does have a water pan,don`t know if the steam plays a roll in this or not.

and that`s not a cat lol ,it would have to be a panther

I'm at about 50/50 whether this works or not. When it does they're excellent. I suspect that that it has to do with some coating on the eggs.

Back