funny story about my friend becoming brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncommonsense

Reaction score
So there I was sit at home when my phone rang. It was one of my friends. He said drunkenly hey we made beer and were geting drunk off it come over. I had no idea there were even brewing anything. So I when over there. To see this great beer they made. I get there and its clearish and smells winy. They said they made sugar water and fermented it and its awsome.... its was not awsome It was crapy but they were very drunk. I just said yup you guy are brewers now you should open a brewpub and serve it. Also they all had realy bad hangovers the next morning.

Yeah. We really need to see pics of this stuff and those guys drinking it. It's the stuff of legends.

But you know, they are doing the same thing we are doing, just cheaper and faster.

EDIT: Forgot Winky... ;)

Yeah. We really need to see pics of this stuff and those guys drinking it. It's the stuff of legends.

But you know, they are doing the same thing we are doing, just cheaper and faster.

Cheaper, faster, and a lack of flavor :p

I was hoping for a Simpson's quote:

Homer: There's the right way, the wrong way, and the Homer way!
Bart: Isn't that the wrong way?
Homer: Yeah, but faster!

I didn't have pics but let me try to set the scene. Picture a 5 gallon bucket filled with a white clearish substance that smells winy and a bunch of drunks around it dipping coffie cup in it and slamming the grog down their gulets. I wish they would have let me test it for abv. Not sure how they were drinking it. It was pretty bad tasting I think it went bad. I'm sure the didn't sanz any of the equipment.

I didn't have pics but let me try to set the scene. Picture a 5 gallon bucket filled with a white clearish substance that smells winy and a bunch of drunks around it dipping coffie cup in it and slamming the grog down their gulets. I wish they would have let me test it for abv. Not sure how they were drinking it. It was pretty bad tasting I think it went bad. I'm sure the didn't sanz any of the equipment.

Sounds a lot like a penitentiary. So it was kind of like a communal bucket of moonshine?

Nah,moonshine is distilled from the fermented mash. You don't even cook the sugars out,& ferment that. Just ferment the mash & distill the alkyhol off'n it. DER MASH IST OFEN! DER MASH IST OFEN! What they made was more of a simple grog. My grandmaw used to make it,& sent my parents home with a quart of keg charred moon when I was cuttin teeth. Great stuff,even then! smooth too. Lord.I miss her!
But as we used to say down home,it's either moonshine,coal mine,or move it on down the line...

If you're really just looking to get drunk, I guess it's cheap, fast, and effective!

:D That's awesome. You should show them the way since they're obviously curious.

BTW, that was not a gay joke. I meant show them how to brew.

You should ask them how their "digestion" was the next morning. :ban:

I suppose it's a cheap way to get drunk.

Back