If you are looking for a wort chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostforatime

Reaction score
I love mine, I got it here http://www.wort-chiller.com/

Constructed from 50' of 3/8" O.D. refrigeration-grade copper tubing.
Includes 5' each of 3/8" I.D. vinyl water supply and discharge tubing, tubing clamps and 3/4" hose bib connection.
Includes an insulated wrapping on the hot water discharge loop used as thermal protection against burns.
Unique double-coil design maintains a low profile, keeping all of the cooling coils submerged...even while cooling an extract batch.
Standard configuration is 11 revolutions in the inner coil at 7" diameter, 11 revolutions in the outer coil at 10" diameter and a discharge loop height of 16".
Custom-configuration is available to fit any dimension or type of brew pot.

50 bucks plus shipping

Damn it. I just made my own with 50ft of fridge grade copper. How the hell do they get the circles so exact. Mine looked round, but no to circles were exactly the same size, width or shape. Must be a trade secret.

cyberjoey80 said:
Damn it. I just made my own with 50ft of fridge grade copper. How the hell do they get the circles so exact. Mine looked round, but no to circles were exactly the same size, width or shape. Must be a trade secret.

Get a wire spool like they wrap coax cable on (just find a little bigger one) and wind it around that, cut or knock one of the ends off and slide it out when your done. It will "spring" back to be a little bigger than the spool, but should be all the same size and sitting on top of each other.

cyberjoey80 said:

I wrapped mine around a coffee can. Not perfect, but close enough.

cyberjoey80 said:

wrap it around a corny keg.

omniscientomar said:
Anyone tried this site yet? Neither link to purchase work... bummer.

Why don't you just buy mine? 1/2" x 25'

halfinchchiller.jpg

$39 plus shipping.

The only reason I don't like the double coil is that it impedes your ability to really get a good whirlpool going. It still works, but it just takes longer. I cooled from 212 to 90 in 4 minutes using a 1/2" x 25 chiller with 60dF tap water (with the wort whirpooling). You'd need a 100' triple coil chiller to do that leaving the column of wort still.

Back