Myer Lemon Summer Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmatson89

Reaction score
1lb Pilsner Malt
1lb Flaked Wheat
.5lb Carafoam Malt
3lb Pilsen Light LME
3lb Wheat LME

1oz Hallertau 60 min
.5oz Spalt 15 min
.5oz Spalt 0 min

2g Grains of Paradise 15 min
zest from 2 myer lemons 15 min

WLP008 East Coast Ale yeast

Made this batch up about two months or so ago... It was a big hit on tap when sitting outside on a hot day. It had some nice sweet citrus notes but wasnt overpowering. One thing I would change about the recipe would be to add gelatin finings to secondary as it was not even close to clear. But overall the flavor was right where I wanted it to be.

Even the dog wanted to get her paws on this brew, but then again I think she might be an alcoholic.

The dog that was mentioned and the slightly cloudy beer

image-2923940163.jpg

I wouldn't call it a BIAB since its only got like 2.5 lbs of grain I'd say it's more a extract with some steeping grains or whatever u wanna say. This was before I started doing BIABs but when I brew it again I'll prob do a BIAB.

It was ok except the beer didn't clear as well as I would have liked so I'm thinking I might use something different next time and see if it helps any

Back