Brew Pub in Corpus Christi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopsalot

Reaction score
Well we finally have received all our licenses, and we will be brewing the first batch tomorrow. It’s a small system, but we feel like we will have more control and will just have to brew more often, what a bummer. We have some more fermentors on the way so, more pictures too come the final touches are being completed today.

Cheers

sabco 1.jpg

brewery.jpg

grain.jpg

Thats looking pretty good so far. I go down to Port Aransas all the time to do some fishing. I may have to make a special trip by your place when I run through Corpus the next time.

Whats the name of the place and where is it? I'll be headed home in a couple of weeks and would love to stop by. BTW, home for me is Corpus. Well Odem, but close enough. Good luck too, from what I've seen there has not been a successful brew pub in Corpus in years.

B&J's Pizza and Hand Crafted Texas Ales
6662 South Staples Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78413

Unfortunately, we are still waiting on the TTB, December 1st will be 90 days, so hopefully we get it by the deadline, but the TTB is notorious for procrastinating. I will keep everyone posted on when we can actually sell the beer. Currently we are giving out free samples on certain weekends. Check out our facebook page to see when and what we will be sampling.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Cheers

B&J's Pizza and Hand Crafted Texas Ales
6662 South Staples Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78413

Unfortunately, we are still waiting on the TTB, December 1st will be 90 days, so hopefully we get it by the deadline, but the TTB is notorious for procrastinating. I will keep everyone posted on when we can actually sell the beer. Currently we are giving out free samples on certain weekends. Check out our facebook page to see when and what we will be sampling.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Cheers

Yes, definitely let us know! I'll stop in and say "Hi" to you. I'm pretty busy President's Day weekend (helping at a fundraiser for the fire department), but I can swing just about any other weekend in Feb/March.

Will do Yooper!

If we are not fully licensed by February, I might just leave the States. God willing we will be filling conicals in less than a few weeks.

Will do Yooper!

If we are not fully licensed by February, I might just leave the States. God willing we will be filling conicals in less than a few weeks.

Or, head out to the coast (Rockport) and I'll get you drunk on my homebrew. I'm only bringing three kegs with me, but if you come early in Feb you can drink your fill! :D

It is a long process. We have been in permitting for about 6 months now. We were approved by the ATF and the TTB first week in December, and actually just got word today from TABC that we will be able to start brewing and selling beer next monday, 1/9/2012. Have you ever been to B&J's Pizza?

Hey I'm from Laredo and go to Corpus sometimes for concerts and such. I'd love to stop by :p

well I have no trust in state and federal alcohol commissions any more, but I feel like we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you can stop buy for a pint one day...

My wife will be there in a couple weeks. Think you'll be serving beer at that point?

that may be pushing it, If all goes as planned I would say we would be seriving in a month

What size system is that?

a little under a half bbl, two brews to top off the bbl fermentors, lots of brewing planned

nice! i may be getting moved on a project in Corpus in a few months. need some weekend brewer help?!?!?!

perhaps, we plan on expanding

B&J's!!!
I had nearly 300 different beers and watched OJ run in the white bronco with my iguana at B&J's . . . .

I have given them a LOT of my money (back in '93-94)

Yea im in their books, and the over 200 club.

I'm in the process of making my own rig.

Is this going to be run by B&J's?

Which B&J's is this going into ? spid or staples / everheart ? and will
yall be selling growlers full ?

Danny..

ive spent a many nights in the Calallen B&j's before it shut down

We will be serving at the Staples Location for now. Texas alcohol laws are strange. We will eventually be selling at SPID as well. Right now we have three fermentors filled. Pale, Porter, and a Belgian. Kegging the Porter today, then into the cooler it goes for cabonation should be selling in a week. Growlers will be sold once we have a steady pipeline of beer in the cooler.

Cheers,

Well Finally LOL I've been waiting for a reply on this haha.

Well that's cool, I'm glad we will have this locally, I have plenty of growlers to fill.

Any chance you guys once established would allow some locals to watch on brewday?

This could be a nice thing if you guys are open and inviting on the process from grain to glass.

We brew in plain sight of the customers. Typically Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. We start before we open, but we brew two batches pre brew day, usually finishing aroun 5-6pm.

I know other Brewpubs in Texas allow patrons to bring in growlers to get filled that were purchased elsewhere, but when reading the actual license is unclear if this is legal. We are currently reading into this. Hopefully it is legal...

I'll try to stop in on Sunday of President's Day weekend. I have to take a family member to the airport for an afternoon flight, so maybe we can pop in after that.

For those of you in Corpus Chirsti tonight is the grand opening of the Brew Pub! Porter, Pale ale, and a Belgian Ale, all B&J's-brewed pints will be $4.50. Tonight only, get a triple taster, 4oz of each of our concoctions, for only $2.50! Also, with the purchase a 16" pizza to dine in, get one pint on us.

Cheers

We will be there next weekend. Will have to try and stop by.

For those of you in Corpus Chirsti tonight is the grand opening of the Brew Pub! Porter, Pale ale, and a Belgian Ale, all B&J's-brewed pints will be $4.50. Tonight only, get a triple taster, 4oz of each of our concoctions, for only $2.50! Also, with the purchase a 16" pizza to dine in, get one pint on us.

Cheers

I'm in SA but have a few buddies in the CC area. Sent them your info. Best of luck to you.

Cheers

Bob doesn't want to go into town tonight (I tried!) but we'll be stopping by either on Monday or Tuesday, and then maybe again the following week if we like the beer!

Wish you guys were brewing when i lived in cc. I used to go to the SPID location a lot. I guess i have a reason to come down and visit now!

Wish you guys were brewing when i lived in cc. I used to go to the SPID location a lot. I guess i have a reason to come down and visit now!

I'm so glad someone has finally taken the leap here in Corpus! I've lived in a few really great beer states i.e. California, Washington. Dang near a brew house on every corner. Nice breweries come with big city living I guess, but you just can't beat small town life.

Hopsalot...I really like your porter Friday night. It was good talking to you about brewing. i'm not sure what I talked about after the sixth beer, but I'm sure it was about brewing. Hint..hint...start selling ingredients!! I know we talked about it but I'm in for at least two bags of 2 row when you make your next order. We'll be seeing you.

Hopsalot...I really like your porter Friday night. It was good talking to you about brewing. i'm not sure what I talked about after the sixth beer, but I'm sure it was about brewing. Hint..hint...start selling ingredients!! I know we talked about it but I'm in for at least two bags of 2 row when you make your next order. We'll be seeing you.

yep we ran out early the next day, I guess that is a good sign. I will definitely let you know when we make our next order.

Latest posts

Back