Just my luck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthrobe

Reaction score
So this morning my neighbor comes to my door and needed a jump. Bad thing is that her car is stuck in her garage and so I decided to take the battery out of my truck to start her car. Off she goes and I begin planning my day around my brew session. Well now the LHBS is open and I was going to go get some ingredients. I get in the truck and go to start it and hear a thump under the hood. One of the acid covers on the battery just blew off. Now my truck won't start and I cannot get to the brew shop for my afternoon brewing session.....:mad: What did I do to piss off the brewing gods:(

and to top it off, there is a free chest freezer on craigslist for the first one to pick it up

I jump between them and What Ales ya... since I have moved, WAY is a little closer for last minute things, but BC if I'm shopping on the weekend.

Hmm...things are looking up. During my nap new Perlick faucetts just arrived. A new car battery is on its way as well. I should take naps more often. Now I feel all reasted to brew here in a few hours:ban:

homebrewer_99 said:
Man, talk about kicking a fellow homebrewer when he's down...don't you mean the last one there has warm homebrew??? :D :D

Just giving him a hard time... I'm stuck at work, still have another hour or so to go :(

BTW... WAY is around 63rd Ave and Bell.. I think that Glendale area.

Well what looks to have turned out as a tragety, actually turned out quite well. I got a new battery for free (just under the free replacement warranty) and I made it to the brew shop. Currently steeping grains for a Rasberry Cream Ale. Also installed the new Perlick forward sealing faucets which are 100X better than standard faucets. Now I just have to keep watching temps and try not to drink all the Apfelwiezen :p. Oh, one bad thing happend. The free freezer got away!!

Cregar said:
Just giving him a hard time... I'm stuck at work, still have another hour or so to go :(

BTW... WAY is around 63rd Ave and Bell.. I think that Glendale area.

Ya, that is a little far for me. I am at 41st and Baseline

I seem to have a habbit of going out of my way to help others all the time. This one seems to be paying off so far, not that I really care...bow chica bow wow!!;)

Back