Brewers Alley in Frederick, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbeavk

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Why oh why have I not been there until this week. Great beer and are you ready for this!!!! BRAZED DEEP FRIED BBQ RIBS!!!!! Finished in the oven with sauce. Fall off the bone tender yet crispy and delicious! :D :mug:

On the weekends they sometimes do a dry aged steak which is delicious albeit a bit pricey. Their fried pickles and stuffed pretzel are rather tasty to snack on, and of course their beers are pretty good too. You may want to check out Barley and Hops. I think the food and service is better at Brewer's Alley, but B&H does make some tasty beers as well. Also, be sure to check out Roast House Pub, biggest tap selection in the area and it's ALL craft, no BMC here! Finally, a trip over to the Mt Airy Inn in Mt Airy is wroth a go too. They have 10 taps, and tend to have local stuff more frequently. Their legendary french toast is insane as well.

I think that wraps up the must-sees for Frederick beer!

I grew up in Frederick, and moved in my 20s to Baltimore. As a 'beer snob', I would say their beer is alright, nothing fancy. However, the fact that they make their own, and don't charge a stupid ass cover in the middle of the country (or maybe they started, like every other bar in the 0.5 mile area...), I definitely give them a good amount of respect. I would prefer to drink there over any other place in Frederick. Of course, I am speaking of their beer, and not their food. That is another story completely!

Have you tried Barley and Hops? I don't think I've enjoyed a single one of their beers. Not like I go back to Frederick much anymore, though... it's been a while.

I stopped going to Barley n Hops a while ago due to piss poor service. When all of the servers are huddled in their little horsing around area instead of doing their jobs and I see my food sit for 20 minutes at the pass that's when they lose my business. Roast House Pub is on my list of places to visit though the place is small and I haven't heard anything good about the food portions I'll still check it out. Mt Airey Inn is real good and is one of my favorites.

The portions for entrees at Roast House are fine, the appetizers are a bit weak though. Tasty but small, but really there needs to be some solid pub appetizers on the menu, and there aren't. HOWEVER, Mon-Thu from 3PM-6PM they do a happy hour with a buck off of beers and buck a piece slider du jour. These are awesome, they'll be whatever roasted meat on a tasty little roll. This is the much needed pub grub and it really hits the spot. My fiance and I will hit this up and get 4-5 a piece for dinner and toss back a few brews. I was talking to a manager there and they are working on getting more cold storage. Once they do they'll be able to expand their menu so hopefully more snack style food will appear.

Barley and Hops has a double IPA I like, and it is divine when they put it on cask. Generally though I'd just go to one of the other places. They have some all you can eat nights so if you've got an appetite you might want to hit them up.

Back