Grand Rapids (Ada) beer/homebrew club suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisbeluke

Reaction score
So I'm going to be heading to Ada, Grand Rapids next week (sun-tues) for a business trip and wondered if there were any homebrew meets or places for good beer around there. A quick google didn't turn up anything but applying the logic if in doubt HBT it.

Any suggestions?

They don't have beer in Grand Rapids. Word of the end of Prohibition hasn't reached them yet. I was just there last weekend. Sorry for the crappy cell-phone pic. It didn't help that I was down on my hands and knees drinking off the street:

27824.preview.jpg

They don't have beer in Grand Rapids. Word of the end of Prohibition hasn't reached them yet. I was just there last weekend. Sorry for the crappy cell-phone pic. It didn't help that I was down on my hands and knees drinking off the street:

27824.preview.jpg

HA! Nice.

You could head into the city and check out Founders brewery. Not too far from there is Hopcat. AFAIK, they don't make their own but they do have a pretty awesome selection. Brewery Vivant is good from what I have heard, I keep meaning to get there but never really get around to doing it. I don't know anything about brew clubs in that area so I can't help you there. But here's a link that I use to get around.

http://www.michiganbrewersguild.org/findmibeer.html

Hope it helps.

Siciliano's isn't too far from Ada - It's across town, but Grand Rapids isn't that big. They have an awesome selection of beer/homebrew stuff.

If you are stuck in Ada, I seem to recall that Vitale's pizza always has a few local beers on tap. Also, the Meijer (local, giant grocery store) in Cascade Township has a pretty good individual bottle selection of local beers.

Yeah think I'm going to be stuck around but I'll try to check some stuff out and if possible head out of town.

Yeah think I'm going to be stuck around but I'll try to check some stuff out and if possible head out of town.

There is a very active homebrew culture in Grand Rapids. They have a great homebrew club (can't remember the name) and the meetings are at the Hideout.

I don't know if FSR402 is on the forum much, but you could sent him a message and ask about the homebrew culture. He's my contact in GR and has been helpful with what goes on down there!

Back