2009 Christmas present thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am getting (or have gotten already) a 2 Keg Kegging outfit from Kegconnection and a 10gal mash tun....my birthday is less than a month away and I believe I will ask for a Barely Crusher if Santa doesn't come through for me :D

I feel like I hit the jackpot this Christmas! New outdoor propane cooker, immersion wort chiller, 2 AHS kits and various goodies from the LHBS! No complaints here!

Merry Christmas! :mug:

I feel like I hit the jackpot this Christmas! New outdoor propane cooker, immersion wort chiller, 2 AHS kits and various goodies from the LHBS! No complaints here!

Merry Christmas! :mug:

sweetness, you are set for a while. Seems like I am buying my own brew Christmas presents, all I need is a stand and I am set.

Even though my wife and I agreed that our shopping was done weeks ago yesterday I was surprised at the door by FedEx with a huge 60 lb package. Inside was a Hobart Professional Deli Slicer with a 12" blade that she scored on Ebay. Holy crap!

I have been looking at piddly **** little consumer models selling for $80 and I score the mother of all slicers.

In hindsight, I should have been a little suspicious when she bought a 14 lb piece of beef and a few boneless turkey breasts last week.

Woohoo! I got a lot of nice little beer related things!
A Beamish Bar Towel (My favorite stout whilst in Ireland)
A very nice digital kitchen scale
A new airlock
A subscription to BYO
Tasting Beer by Randy Mosher
Radical Brewing by Randy Mosher
Another Corny Keg
4 Deschutes Pint glasses
2 giant glass steins

And a fishing rod, which will be used while I enjoy the fruits of my labor!

Merry Christmas!

4 Perlick 525 taps with handles and the disconnects for 4 kegs, along with a 6 gal Better Bottle, and enough money to buy my keezer and then some.... yay! :D

I got wall art for my pool room and an IR Thermo gun

recroom.jpg

My haul.
$100 Midwest gift cert.
$40 Northern brewer gift.
BYO Mag renewal.
Chimay gift pack.
Samuel Smith gift pack.
2 bottles Youngs Double Chocolate Stout mmmmmmm!
1 bomber of Ruination.
1 bottle Bad Elf.
1 bottle Very Bad Elf.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!!!!!!!

My parents went the DIY route and got me a 5 gal Cooler to convert and the parts to make an IC.

My girlfriend got me a gift certificate to Austin Homebrew.

5 gallon glass carboy (I can finally get a pipeline/secondary going!)
Spray Washer
Carboy Handle

My family rocked this year.

Gas manifold with check valves
Four beer ingredient kits
Five kegs.
Two recipe books
Gift cert. to the LHBS

Got my kegging system, a custom tap handle, a "ales in the mail" membership, a custom bottle opener, and metallica guitar hero :rockin:

My family was very kind to my hobby:

"Brewing Classic Styles", "Designing Great Beers", a subscription to BYO, a bottle drying rack, a bench capper, and a Food Saver with several extra rolls.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good beer!

AHS Sessions Coffee Stout kit.

Plus, Chimay gift pack (red, white, blue and a glass) and a gift card to my local beer store (which also sells some homebrewing supplies).

Every one says I am hard to shop for so I made a Christmas List for BMW to pick and choose from. I was spoiled between SWMBO and the family.

3 Better bottles
3 AG kits
1 Stout faucet
2 Year sub to BYO

When I opened the stout faucet SWMBO said I looked like Ralphie getting his red ryder BB gun.
Mom asked "You really like it?"
Me "Hell yes"
Mom "I don't even know what the hell it is"

Sweet on the stout faucet. I was surprised how much I loved mine when I got it. It is just a cool piece of equipment.

I got the same reaction when I opened my March Pump. Blank stares all around.

"Well, what does it do?"

"Makes me able to brew 10 gallon batches."

"Ok. I guess that's good."

I nixed 'anything beer' because I need to clear stuff out. So The Lady got me a kitchenaid stand mixer! It's red! (and goes with my stapler!)

I baked all day while drinking homebrew (honey blonde.) I made Mexican chocolate cookies, lemon-ginger pinwheels, toasted coconut marshmallows, almond crust lemon curd tart, and banana bread. Baked a ham too. Now it's food coma time while waiting for her parents to get in from Cali.

B

IMG_0937.jpg

IMG_0935.jpg

Wife got me all 4 seasons of Three Sheets and a Pleepleus (Swinger Ty Beany Baby).

Also got a 6 gallon Better Bottle, the Designing Great Beers book, Brewmaster Game, smart strips for my kegs, heavyweight Carhartt hoody for walking the dog on the cold mornings, and some iTunes gift cards.

SWMBO got me a refractometer, a pound of amarillo pellets, and a recipe kit from AHS. Mom dropped the ball and didn't get me anything brewing related, but I might try and get a couple of ball valves from bargain fittings from her yet. Grandma gave me some $ and that is going towards downloading beersmith. Not too shabby!

8 gallon brew pot, bottle tree, and a case of bottles.

I feel bad my husband actually paid for bottles. I think he was grossed out with my habit of stopping at a local grocery store and paying the 10cent bottle deposit to get bottles from them. Ah well. Good clean bottles!

Lisa's beery Christmas (6).JPG

2 6.5 Gal Carboys
3 Cory Kegs
1 stir plate
1 Erlenmeyer Flask
1 stainless paddle
1 portable keg co2 charger
10 co2 cartridges
2 rubber stoppers
2 air locks
2 carboy handles
1 kegerator drip tray

I think that's it :mug:
Guess I'm brewing today

We had a good Christmas this year. Bought SWMBO a laptop and the gear associated with it, she got me the following:

• Ryan's Face-Puncher IPA Kit (My name is Ryan, we lol'd)
  • $100 Northern Brewer Gift Certificate
  • Northern Brewer Death's Head Tankard
  • Wall-mounted bottle opener
  • Whisky Stones
  • Amazon Kindle
Few other misc. things but that was mainly it. She = amazing. Now I need to go shopping.. :ban:

i got a few clothes, beer mug, Long Way Down, Long Way Around, and Race to Dakar DVD sets, and Robert Kiyosaki's cashflow board games. :rockin:

Lots of things but mainly was the ported better bottle (6gal) with the racking valve. Santa (SWMBO) really does listen! :ban:

I got 4 23oz glasses with the name of my favorite beer engraved on them :)
Only downside is when someone asks, how many beers do you have a night...might think i am a lightweight if i say oh just 3 without explaining the oz's and % :mug:

I got a barley Crusher to go along with the bulk grain that I purchased earlier this year. now I don't have to take my grains to LHBS to crush my grains.

Santa(me) bought a 13 gallon electric keggle from High Gravity along with a thermosight. He also bought a Ranco controller off Ebay. To add to that he bought a 32 quart cooler, a 1500w heating element, 2 Kewler Kits for the cooler (ballvalve & thermo). Now Santa has to get to work and put all this together!

$150.00 gift certificate to AHS , Stir plate and keg /conversion kit from Darren and $50.00 cash for more supplies.. What a way to start the new brew year.

The only thing I received was a certificate from my wife good for one full day of pleasure, she is at my command all day. I'm cashing it in tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!!

Back