Pac NW commercial season?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuinrearview

Reaction score
Can anyone speak on the growing season so far in the pacific northwest? I've searched around a little for an update, but haven't found any info. I see a mini heatwave is hitting over the weekend, with cooler temperatures next week. I know that we have a few home-growers on here, just wondering how the big farms are making out so far.

Hopefully the eastern euro. season is doing well:)

So far, the hop farms are nominal. I doubt that there will be a larger than normal crop, but it should be average.

The hop ranches here in Washington got a late start do to odd weather (we had snow fall in early june) but the water fall and sun have been very good the last 3 weeks, I am sure that they are off to a banner start, even though it is a late one

Just watching the commercial hop fields near my house, I'm guessing it'll be an average crop, but I have seen a few new fields put in place. Markets oscillate, so I think we'll be okay.

We had a really long, cool spring so the weather's not been the best, but it's better than it could be.

Latest posts

Back