New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!
My Amber..

100064d1360458476-new-post-picture-your-pint-img_0466.jpg

It turned out amazing. I haven't actually had the real thing, I live in Germany, but I will be making it again.

I got the recipe from the brewery. I just emailed them and they sent it to me.

All five Yetis (Imperial Stout, Oak Aged Imperial Stout, Chocolate Imperial Stout, Espresso Oak Aged Imperial Stout and Belgian Imperial Stout) at Great Divide's tasting room in Denver.

A rare pleasure.

image-1247422712.jpg

This is an orange blossom Braggot that I made back in Feb of 2012 and just now opening. Still a strong taste of alcohol (at 13%) but not bad

20130210_191126.jpg

mjdonnelly68 said:
All five Yetis (Imperial Stout, Oak Aged Imperial Stout, Chocolate Imperial Stout, Espresso Oak Aged Imperial Stout and Belgian Imperial Stout) at Great Divide's tasting room in Denver.

A rare pleasure.

Does that brewery only make stouts? They look great.

PJoyce85 said:
It turned out amazing. I haven't actually had the real thing, I live in Germany, but I will be making it again.

I got the recipe from the brewery. I just emailed them and they sent it to me.

They sent me their Cane and ebel recipe when I emailed them too. Awesome brewery if you ask me!

jammin said:
Janet's brown is one of my all-time favorites!

It is amazing. I wasn't too sure about it about a week ago but now it's awesome! Gets even better if you let it warm up a bit.

My Roggenbier came out great. This is a German style rye wheat beer. I modified the recipe a bit by adding caraway seeds to the last half of the boil in an attempt to create a rye bread characteristic. It took a week in the keg for the flavors to meld and mellow. I'm really pleased with the final result...like drinking a slice of rye bread! Pass the pastrami. Cheers!

526932_481661448559590_1476830799_n.jpg

Damn, that sounds TASTY! How is it?

It's awesome! And I'm not just saying that because it's mine. I just bought the Sam Adams Hopology mix pack and this beer is better than some and almost as good as the others. It was an extract recipe too. I've since gone to PM/BIAB but haven't tasted any of those yet. I think the key was the 2lbs of Buckwheat honey at flameout. It dried it out just enough to let the grapefruit/citrus come through. Cheers!

It tasted great, but i'm still trying to dial it in. 4th try Amber is 2 weeks out from kegging. Cant wait to pour a pint from it.:mug:

9.5 lbs of 2-row
8 oz of crystal 10
4 oz of aromatic
.5 oz saaz(8.2) @70 @40 @20
Us05
Simple, cleared with gelatin

image.jpg

My first ever brewing attempt....an all grain Dry Irish Stout Northern Brewer kit. came out great. :ban:
DEB1DryIrishStout.jpg

This next pint is the 3rd beer I brewed....a Tallgrass Halcyon Unfiltered Wheat clone from northern brewer. I enjoyed many of these while watching the Nascar racing this past weekend. :drunk: (my second brew is a tripel and is still aging)

DEB3HalcyonUnfilteredWheat.jpg

Heck yeah. How many IBU's did you shoot for and what ~ OG?

Glad you like! By the numbers:
Cascade Pale Ale (American IPA)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.059 (°P): 14.5
Final Gravity (FG): 1.016 (°P): 3.8
Alcohol (ABV): 5.80 %
Colour (SRM): 12.2 (EBC): 24.0
Bitterness (IBU): 55 (Average)

71.88% American 2-Row
15.62% Vienna
6.25% Carapils (Dextrine)
6.25% Crystal 120

0.3 oz/Gal Cascade (6.1% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
0.1 oz/Gal Cascade (6.1% Alpha) @ 30 Minutes (Boil)
0.1 oz/Gal Cascade (6.1% Alpha) @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 152°F for 60 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at 68°F with Safale US-05

Back