Punk Rock and Hardcore

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This might be blasphemy, but while the Pogues laid the foundation, I the Tossers perfected it. That and since Tony seems to be just a little less drunk all the time than Shane (albeit probably not by much), he's just a little easier to understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
so, I have not hung out with many "punk rock/hard core" MFers since Vegas in '99. a few of my brothers since then, but laying low in small towns since '01. I don't even know what the scene is like anymore. are all us old farts the thing of the past. perhaps lucky enough to be legends in our own time? (LVDP!) does the scene belong to the uneducated 16 y/o, or just waiting for the thirtysomthing creepy guy to show them down the right path?

Billy-Klubb said:
so, I have not hung out with many "punk rock/hard core" MFers since Vegas in '99. a few of my brothers since then, but laying low in small towns since '01. I don't even know what the scene is like anymore. are all us old farts the thing of the past. perhaps lucky enough to be legends in our own time? (LVDP!) does the scene belong to the uneducated 16 y/o, or just waiting for the thirtysomthing creepy guy to show them down the right path?

Yeah I think, at least in my area, it belongs to emo fags.

Yeah I think, at least in my area, it belongs to emo fags.

damn those little emo bastards! they used to talk a ton of shizzle about us behind our backs. face to face, they'd piss down their leg. sometimes literally.

I'm just afraid the young generation will lose as much sight as ours (for the most part) has. theres still a great many that still show no mercy, but too many crying over spilled milk.

lets see cant put them in number order cause i like them all in there own way just like my beer lol. so my list goes: Nofx, Bad Religion, The Casualties, Pennywise, devil wears prada, misfits, ramones, Descendents, DRI, Dagnasty, circle jerks, social d, millions of dead cops, US bombs, Good Riddance, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Sex Pistols, Guttermouth, Rancid. there are so many more i cant think about i'll add some of the more hardcore tommorow when i can look at my cds.

remembered two more:
Flogging Molly and Drop kick murphys

Us old farts make up the majority of the people at the good shows... and the majority of people who buy records from my label, as far as I can tell. Also make up most all of the good bands (new and old).

I have fallen into this category as well. damn getting old, working to hard, and being a responsible person.

6215095101513922291429949595753621095n.jpg

Here's me at the Descendents concert in Riot Fest Chicago last September. Seeing this band (and others) - whose music thrilled, excited and shaped me through I don't know how many years - live, was one of the highlights of my life. Something I almost never get here in Israel.

descendents01.jpg

descendents02.jpg

Here's me at the Descendents concert in Riot Fest Chicago last September. Seeing this band (and others) - whose music thrilled, excited and shaped me through I don't know how many years - live, was one of the highlights of my life. Something I almost never get here in Israel.

i live 3 blocks from humbolt park, where the show was. i didnt go tho.

i live 3 blocks from humbolt park, where the show was. i didnt go tho.

Why? It was awesome.

I had dreamed about doing a trip in the US for years, but never did for various reasons (military service, university studies, no money, no time, no one to go with). Finally I got sick of waiting, took a one month leave with no pay from work and flew alone. I did not plan at all to go to Chicago but once I realized the Descendents will be there (a band I never imagined I'd ever see live), I immediately bought a ticket, even before I bought plane tickets to the US.

Anyway, it was great, the ticket was 40$. Forty bucks to see the Descendents, the Stooges, NOFX, Less Than Jake, Elvis Costello and others. I still can't believe it.

The Descendents played the first night. I remember going back to where I stayed in such a state of euphoria I had not experienced for years. I'm thinking of going back there next year, but I'm probably gonna still be paying for the first trip then.

i just didnt want to pay the money. ive seen them a few times before. nto elvis costello, but all the other bands. they used to have it at different venues all over the city, most of which i could get in for free...when they moved it to the out door set up this past year i was unable to get free passes. no biggie. i could hear it all from my house.

Not sure if this ones out there yet but how about Government Issue.... Weird one considering they were straight edge.... on a beer forum....hmmm.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, i used to get into all the discord bands. govt issue wasnt a fav, but def had some in the collection

Back