what could i brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottab

Reaction score
I have the following ingredients on hand:
1 oz cascade hops
1 oz chinook hops
Nottingham dry yeast
Mutons dry brewers yeast
S23 dry yeast
1056 washed yeast
Midwest headwater strain washed yeast
Wpl029 washed yeast

Obviously no grain or extract on hand, both easily purchased.
I currently am setup for partial boil extract brewing.

What could i brew with what's on hand and what i can purchase as far as malt extract?

American pale ale would work, as would really most American styles (wheat, stout, amber, brown) except ipa or bigger, as you don't really have enough hops for that.

I would use the 1056 for any of those.

American pale ale would work, as would really most American styles (wheat, stout, amber, brown) except ipa or bigger, as you don't really have enough hops for that.

Easy enough there. 1056, maybe a half ounce chinook for bittering, then a half ounce plus the ounce of cascade sometimes in the last 15 minutes of the boil

weirdboy said:

inhousebrew said:
Easy enough there. 1056, maybe a half ounce chinook for bittering, then a half ounce plus the ounce of cascade sometimes in the last 15 minutes of the boil

So as for the base malt... around 6lb lme? Would you go with 3.3 of golden light and 3.3 of wheat?

Back