Tucker and Dale vs EVIL!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
*most movie reviews use a star system, my cheezymeter is similar, but uses red lizards*

Wow! this movie gets an unprecedented 181 red lizards out of a possible 183!!

Awesomeness on the level of shaun of the dead. (No zombies though)

A clever twist on the tired "socially retarded (and possibly mutated) rednecks terrorize a set number of expendable frat guys, one "super cool and OK guy", and a set number of hottie sluts (who are also expendable), plus on "Real and down to earth hottie" who lives."
In this one, (minor spoiler) the rednecks are actually cute and likeable, but nonetheless socially retarded, despite not being mutated.

An epic mis-understanding erupts almost immediately when the rednecks rescue said down to earth hottie from drowning (the one who can't die, but they didn't know that).

Upon consulting their fieldguide, remaining "college kids" realize that rednecks = EVIL.

As if to confirm this, said well meaning rednecks call out "We got your friend!"

In redneck, this translates easily to : We saved your friend, she is safe.

In college kid, this translates to : We successfully kidnapped your friend, we may or may not eat her face.

Ingenious humor delivers big time as the "college kids" act psychotic trying to rescue their friend.

A real Gem. THIS MOVIE SPAWNED TONS OF AWESOME QUOTES! Not many movies do.

I mentioned it in the HORROR WIN thread, but watched it again, and the word needs to be spread!

181 red lizards /183

I absolutely LOVED this movie.

It doesn't matter what happened. What matters is what looks like what happened and what looks like what happened...is purdy nasty! - Tucker

"Oh howdy doo officer! We've had a doozy of a day here. There we were, just mindin our own business, doing some chores around the house, when these college kids start just killin themselves all over our property!!"

Great movie!

"I should have known, a guy like me, talking to a girl like you, it would end at somebody being dead."

This is one of my new favorite comedies. I have watched it a few times in the past month. It is great.

Best line in the whole movie.

"You ok?"

This is one of my new favorite comedies. I have watched it a few times in the past month. It is great.

Best line in the whole movie.

"You ok?"

That is awesome.

"When a half naked college girl is prancing around in front of you, YOU DON'T CALL OUT MY NAME!!!"

Ahhh spreading the word of good movies......

Anyone see Not of this Earth with Tracy Lourdes? BLEEEEEECHH!!!!!!!!! So bad it hurts.

we need more people to know of good movies, so that less bad movies are made.

dataz722 said:
Easily! If not top 5.

Agreed. I was skeptical when i first started to watch it. But god damn if it didnt come through 10 fold

It is RIGHT UP THERE with Shaun of the dead for me, which is saying ALOT.

I am not just a conniseur, but a FANATIC.

Is this the Traci Lords that I grew up reading about in magazines???

YES!!!

Only reason I clicked on it, lol.

Still unwatchable. the credits show all of this CRAZY ass alien **** and the movie goes on to suck uncontrollably and be pretty effing tame.

YES!!!

Only reason I clicked on it, lol.

Still unwatchable. the credits show all of this CRAZY ass alien **** and the movie goes on to suck uncontrollably and be pretty effing tame.

Now you are REALLY piquing my interest! ;)

TL was one of my favorites growing up. Maybe because she was a LOT closer to my age than most of the actresses in those films...

I never even heard of it until you guys gave it props!

I wasn't hoping for much since you've also steered me to some losers too. But this movie was hella funny. I enjoyed it. Watched it 3 times now with my kids who are 19 & 21. The gas station seen with the pickled eggs is my favorite!

P.S. And I'll also agree. Traci Lords is HOT. She broke into movies when she was only 14. Talent she has. :cross:
635614-2traci_lords_large.jpg

Slyko said:
I never even heard of it until you guys gave it props!

I wasn't hoping for much since you've also steered me to some losers too. But this movie was hella funny. I enjoyed it. Watched it 3 times now with my kids who are 19 & 21. The gas station seen with the pickled eggs is my favorite!

P.S. And I'll also agree. Traci Lords is HOT. She broke into movies when she was only 14. Talent she has. :cross:

Lol.

OK!!

What stinkers?

There shouldn't be. Both movies are on par with one another.

There shouldn't be. Both movies are on par with one another.

They are both great but I think tucker and dale might have the slight edge there. It has been a long time since I have seen shawn of the dead though.

I wish I could down vote you so bad right now.

Who do I contact to get a down vote button? My displeasure must not be ignored!

The poll does not create a difinitive "winner" just a concensus and a general discussion.

I love HBT, but a poll on a beer website is no cause for suicidal thoughts...

:mug:

Back