God, I love the smell of hops cooking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juse

Reaction score
I have an IPA brewing right now & the aroma has saturated the house. There is something primordial about that smell...

hop.jpg

Yep, first time I brewed in the house my wife kicked me out, she hates it. Sadly I had to buy all the stuff to brew outside. =P

Yep, first time I brewed in the house my wife kicked me out, she hates it. Sadly I had to buy all the stuff to brew outside. =P

Yup...... there I was last night in the zone, relaxing and enjoying the hops aroma with a certain amount of pride, and then my 4 yr old came in the kitchen about 2:30 am complaining of the smell, then the wife got up complaining as well and opened up the windows and turned on the ceiling fans. She said this morning as I was getting ready for work that it still 'stunk' & she doesn't know how to get rid of the smell. Brewing bock was never an issue, but I'm going for the IPAs now. Looks like I'll be brewing outside from now on! :rockin:

I like to smell them while still in the bag. Anyone ever try smoking them :). I also like the smell of fresh peppers, they should make a sent out of them.

I like the smell of fermenting beer and wine too, you know the gas that excapes from the airlock. Am I weird?

"Anyone ever try smoking them :)."
A guy in our club smoked some hops on his smoker and made an IPA with them. It was fantastic.
I've been buggin him to make another batch of that.

IPAs make the best smells when they're cooking. Mine was a combination of Chinook, Centennial, and Cascade. Should've called it the Triple C IPA.

Back