What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boulevard Sixth Glass Quadrupel.

Picked this up today largely based on the extremely favorable scores it received in the latest issue of Zymurgy as a commercial calibration.

ForumRunner_20130105_200557.jpg

hey to all us skin/punk/rude boy brewers! let's pickitup up a notch. what the flying squirrel shizzle is our high OG we got aging? mine's my '11 BW & Horehound Ale. 10.49% & 13.47%

Ah, barley wine 11.7, belgian 10.7 and a imperial milkstout that finished at 1.030 9.5% that im going to try and sour, lol try and sell that one rotten milk stout

hey to all us skin/punk/rude boy brewers! let's pickitup up a notch. what the flying squirrel shizzle is our high OG we got aging? mine's my '11 BW & Horehound Ale. 10.49% & 13.47%

Drinking my Bitter. 3.8% so not exactly high gravity.

But I've got a 1.5 year old Brett Tripel at 10.8%, a 1 year old Wee Heavy at 9.8%, and my wet-hopped Imperial Red that's still carbonating but it's at 12.2%

I found a store that I have passed every day for 5 yrs that I have never been into that sells an AMAZING selection of craft beers and I picked up a sixer of my favorite beer, golden monkey by victory. AND they had my favorite frozen pizza ever that I have not found in like 5 years, home run inn. I'm in heaven!!

image-3912785815.jpg

image-1318732092.jpg

timduncan200021 said:
I found a store that I have passed every day for 5 yrs that I have never been into that sells an AMAZING selection of craft beers and I picked up a sixer of my favorite beer, golden monkey by victory. AND they had my favorite frozen pizza ever that I have not found in like 5 years, home run inn. I'm in heaven!!

Pizza and beer. Awesome!

I'm drinking Blue Moon's Spiced Amber Ale. It tastes great with some guacamole and chips. Watching Bourne Legacy with the hubby. This is a good evening!

You guys have too much Surly!
Lagunitas Sucks, Elephant Clone, Sample bottles from last years strong juniper maibock that I drunkenly set aside and dryhopped a gallon with Zythos. Needless to say, it has a disgustingly artificial bubblegum aroma, and still really bitter. At least I have something I don't like, that I could age and care less about drinking. Had a ruthless rye fra Sierra Nevada, also. And as I dug a trench today, I asked for water, and was given a Coors light in the absence of water, have not had one in years, and it tasted a lot like american soda products, not easy to explain, but the pepsi taste was there.

Billy-Klubb said:

I've got a 11.5 Barleywine aging and a RIS that rings in at a nice 12.6 been aging for over 3 months right now.

Pulled gravity/taster samples from all my fermenters. My Scotch Ale gets bottle tomorrow (oak is just right). FGs on my three newer ones are right about where I expected and flavors are good. My Berliner Weisse got some extra food (DME) plus gueuze dregs a few months ago, is now finally showing some sourness, and now all the numbers, plus the flavor, say Lambic, which it will henceforth be referred to as.

and in the fermenters, really need to clean up my brewing area tomorrow, was sort of drained by the snow and did a half assed job putting everything away. One coffee stout nightcap and it's off to bed.

Boulevard Sixth Glass Quadrupel.

Picked this up today largely based on the extremely favorable scores it received in the latest issue of Zymurgy as a commercial calibration.

Whadja think? I found it to be quite hot, but think the other 3 will be very good with some age. I really like Dark Truth.

nukebrewer said:
Partial bottle of my pecan pie ale left over from bottling yesterday. It's not bad right now, but we'll see in a couple weeks after it's carb'd up.

Man, I've got to get whatever it is you've got. That's what beer looks like in heaven.

Man, I've got to get whatever it is you've got. That's what beer looks like in heaven.

Thanks. That picture was actually a mistake. I accidentally left the shutter speed really short and it turns out the short shutter speed made it look like it was dark except for the back light even though it's really bright in my kitchen. :mug:

Billy-Klubb said:
water for the moment. I might have over done it a wee touch last night.

I would say so. :)

Billy-Klubb said:
the lake has nothing on my key! I got your face! taste the wrat of my falconers things. wait... ehwat?

Back