What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dunkelweizen, only a sixer left

image-1863333843.jpg

Another hot day in the northeast... i layed down a few of the Festina Pêche by Dogfish. Impressive... clean and right to the point. Was expecting a Sweat Beer but instead got a semi dry crip clean finishing tasty brew.

My saison is just aged enough and it is very good by my standards. It will be contest bound to get pro's opinions.

saison.jpg

befus said:
My saison is just aged enough and it is very good by my standards. It will be contest bound to get pro's opinions.

How long from brew day and in bottle? Have two in primary and these are my first stab at this style.

Sam Adams cream stout, and Caldera IPA. Both are solid. Later, I'm making a float, using my homemade root beer.

RocketDog Rye Ipa- Well done very worthy.Mmm Columbus,Simcoe,Cascade, one of those drooling beers too.

Slumbrews' Porter Square Porter

View attachment 68861

But I had too choose from me secret stash...

View attachment 68862

oH , MAN. You need to hit up that smashed pumpkin.Whats that brass nuckles? Is that a Lakefront beer? Looks kinda like you got a clown shoes imperial amber? Im going to try one of those myself soon.

Having my Uk ipa 4 mo. bottled,and first time starter.And wow,this was the english dyacytal i was looking for for once that i havent got before with wlp005 british.This beer went imacculant from before,it also had about 3 weeks fridge time too.Damn, i need like two basement fridges.

The brass knuckles is Backlash Beer from Boston. We have about a dozen young brewers here in the city and they are making some great if not fantastic beer.

That smashed pumpkin is almost 2 years old....got it from the Brewery....Have to save Smashed Pumpkin and Weyerbachers' imperial pumpkin are leaders in the pumpkin beers

The brass knuckles is Backlash Beer from Boston. We have about a dozen young brewers here in the city and they are making some great if not fantastic beer.

That smashed pumpkin is almost 2 years old....got it from the Brewery....Have to save Smashed Pumpkin and Weyerbachers' imperial pumpkin are leaders in the pumpkin beers

I agree,although i havent got a chance at weyerbacher's, but out of about 20 i tried last year smashed was most likely my favorate and oddly enough pumpkinhead from shipyard was the worst.:confused::mug: If you get your hands on a Point hog series imperial pumpkin-thats a pretty good midwestern pumpkin.Hopefully its as good next season.They have a good imperial russian stout also.Your more likely to get Shafalys pumpkin from MO which ive heard great things about and sold out within a week before i could even get it.

Agree pumpkin head is awful...about 8 years ago it was very similar to Smashed. Weyerbachers' goes fast around here. They tweeted today they are brewing batch 30something out of 70 of their pumpkin which should hit the shelves in September.
GET IT!

Having a year old Pilgrim ale.Which is really a Belgian pale aleish brewed from zymergy magazine last year,with subbs hence the Pilgrim(hops) sweet malty unique dark carmel citrus taste,fruity but still a pale ale with candy toffee dark carmel.Wow i definatly appreaciate how this aged well more over the last year.

I am drinking one of my last "10 Pound Hammer"s 13% ABV Tart Cherry Braggot is nothing to be tinkered with especially by the pint full. This was after a few different brews but it will fell me for the evening...

My first original IPA hopped with Chinook, Citra, Amarllo, and Simcoe. My efficency sucked as my first BIAB so it's a very hoppy unbalanced 6%er. I am happy with the grain bill though:

11lb 2 row
1 lb Munich
8 oz Crystal 40

The only way to learn is to do.

My "Gammel Dansk Jul Braggot", I brewed in october, and lagered until december, then gave out the leftovers at the new year, had ten left in the cellar and progressively drank them through the cold season, while they were in the cellar. It was made with the Samichlaus yeast, and finished at 14%. We had a very hot break, which lasted the last two months, and the cellar was no longer at 60F, and according to my recording thermometer hit 78F last week. Just cracked one, and uhhh... not the masterpiece I thought it was. Extreme lager yeast esters. The rest is sitting in the fridge for months until I have another.

ASassyBeerChick83 said:
Yo. Have you even tried this sh*t?
Don't get me wrong, I love, love, LOVE Spaten!!
But this?! Idk, man.... it doesn't taste very good!... :cross: :tank:

Ok so the Optimator had me from the name... I have not tried the Dunkel.

I just tried 21st Amendment's Black IPA. It is very good. It is the first Black IPA I have tried because I am not the biggest IPA fan. I thought it was balanced quite well. Now I want to try other Black IPAs. Any suggestions?

I just tried 21st Amendment's Black IPA. It is very good. It is the first Black IPA I have tried because I am not the biggest IPA fan. I thought it was balanced quite well. Now I want to try other Black IPAs. Any suggestions?

Hop in the Dark, by Deschutes.

Firestone Walker - Wookey Jack

Back