Avanti/Haier fridge question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mullenite

Reaction score
So I'm converting an OLD Avanti fridge to a kegerator, I know this is simply a re-branded Haier model but I'm not sure which one.

It worked fine with the freezer in the top but in order to fit two kegs I needed to move it down across the back. It went down smoothly with no kinking/breaking but I needed to relocate the temp controller, which required extending the wires.

After doing this extension the fridge won't turn on. I haven't checked for continuity across the extensions yet as I need to leave for work but was wondering if anyone could confirm where the wires go on the thermostat.

I have written down:
Blk left
White R/F
Green R/R

When I hook it up this way and plug it in the fridge does not turn on to start cooling.

Anyone have the same fridge that can check it?

It worked fine with the freezer in the top but in order to fit two kegs I needed to move it down across the back. It went down smoothly with no kinking/breaking but I needed to relocate the temp controller, which required extending the wires.

Can you post a picture?
I like to see what you did to the small tube coming out of the thermostat.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

Mine didn't have a tube, just a flexible piece of metal.

I did get it figured out though. It was a resistance issue, apparently I miscalculated.

Back