Flying Dog - Double Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Beere

Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped by the only decent beer store in town on the way home. Turns out their distributor was there. The owner, distributor, and I struck up a conversation and we ended up going through all the beers that are either new to the area of new to the store. We finally have Rogue available - got a sixer of their Double Bitter and like it a lot. But I digress, this post is about the Flying Dog's Double Pale Ale.

Silly me, I didn't even know what a Double Pale Ale was? Was it a double hopped Pale Ale? That didn't make sense. No, it was double alcohol - 11%.

Here are my notes: This tastes exactly like my wife's hair spray. You know when you walk into the bathroom and get a mouthful of the aerosol spray? Just like that. It is the first beer I've had to slam in a LONG time... felt more like taking shots than drinking beer.

I've had plenty of high alcohol beers before, but this was different. Maybe I shouldn't pass judgement until I drink the other three, but that might be a LONG time from now... whew!

That is smart thinking - but that was already my fifth beer of the evening - and its only 7:00! Way more than I usually drink in an evening... heh

OK, I had another this evening and it went down a little smoother now that I knew what I was up against. Call me a pansy, but this just isn't my style... but I sure feel it! whew

I piched up a 4 pack and enjoyed them very much, but I like high % beers.
And yes it is for sure barley winish.

Latest posts

Back