Better-Bottle o-rings from McMaster-Carr

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckredbeard

Reaction score
Now that I've used up my hyphens for the week, I'll get on with the question.

Has anyone got a shopping list for racking adapter and closure replacement parts?

Did you ever find a replacement part? Specifically I'm looking for "Two replacement 1/2" ID O-rings for the Universal PET closure port - BB-CLZ(PET-O4)-SERV(A)" or an equivalent. I'd be happy to buy the authentic replacement, but can't seem seem to find anyone who carries it.

I was going to measure the one I had and order a bag of equivalent o-rings in silicone from McMaster-Carr, but I dropped it down the shower drain instead....

Edit: I'm guessing one of these should work: 9396K25 (nominal 1/2" ID, 11/16" OD) or 9396K208 (nominal 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD). I could just order both, but then I'd be out $20 for 150 O-Rings, at least 50 (probably 100) of which would be useless.

I have ordered direct from the BB folks when I could not find a vendor.
I think I had to call to place the order.

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind as a good option. I didn't realize they would sell direct. I'm hoping someone can confirm the specific McMaster-Carr part I need (mostly because I'm already placing an order with MMC, but also because I can probably buy 50 for the price of 2 from BB with shipping), but I'll order direct if I need to.

I called Better Bottle directly and they were more than helpful. I should have a couple of replacements on the way soon. Thanks for the advice. :)

Back