Trading local craft/micro brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunchbox

Reaction score
Here's the idea (that I stole from another thread and am passing it off as my own). I live in Charlotte NC, and have access to local beers that someone in Seattle or Pittsburgh does not, and vice versa. These small breweries are obviously not large enough to distribute across the country, and unfortunately most living outside their distribution area might never get to taste it.

What I am proposing is that if you are interested in participating, you post your location, and the brews in your area that you can get that others might not.

For example, here in Charlotte we have Olde Mecklenburg Brewery and Carolina Beer Company. So I'd list those, and any other local brews that others might be interested in.

So, thoughts? Has this been done already?

I'm pretty sure this has been done on this forum, and I'm positive they do it on the regular over at Beer Advocate.

(Hello from Monroe.)

yeah, beeradvocate has a huge trading community. I don't bother because shipping kills it for me, but I know plenty of people who love doing it.

If you want to swap beers, that's great and I highly recommend doing it. The official swaps are run by supporting members or moderators, and we just finished a swap a couple of weeks ago. We organize them from time to time.

If you want to swap with a member or two on your own, please feel free to do so by sending messages and "talking" to each other. Make sure you feel confident with the age (legal is 21 in the US) of your swap partner, as well as making sure they seem reputable.

Please read the rules on beer swaps: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/exchange-rules-44987/, particularly this rule: All other members are welcome to exchange beer but should do so on a one-to-one basis unless they are participating in a group exchange coordinated by a Supporting Member or a Moderator.

I would love to join a homebrew swap.

As to local micro, there a few good ones and Im sure even more that Im not aware of... I live in my own little bubble of beer making, especially with three kids.

Rabbits Foot meadery is down the street, but I think they have international distribution.

Any mod want to arrange a new year swap? I'll have some bottles ready in a few weeks and would love to swap with other members!

Cheers

Lucas

As to local micro, there a few good ones and Im sure even more that Im not aware of... I live in my own little bubble of beer making, especially with three kids.

Rabbits Foot meadery is down the street, but I think they have international distribution.

Any mod want to arrange a new year swap? I'll have some bottles ready in a few weeks and would love to swap with other members!

Cheers

Lucas

We're still recovering from the swap that just finished last week, I'd think! Maybe later on I'd be willing to organize a new one (or drag up someone else who has the desire).

Feel free to contact people one-on-one if you see someone who seems like they'd be reputable to swap with, though.

Cheers

Lucas

In your area, you can get Russian River stuff that a lot of people cannot get.

Back