Boones Farm Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjgrappler

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a recipe that would be somewhat similar a Boones Farm? I know it's a malt beverage I was just wondering with seeing you guys making hard lemonade and such that someone has any idea how to clone it.

Boones really?? Ok if you're trying to get a 16 year old girl hammered for a feel up..From a strictly money perspective you cannot brew up a batch anywhere near as cheap as you can buy it at the store.. Last I knew it was 2 bucks a bottle and you'd be over budget just buying the malt..

I guess I believe some things just shouldn't be home made..

In my opinion, those "Island Mist" kits make a wine cooler type beverage. My best friend loves them. She's made Mango Symphony, and Kiwi Pear (or something like that). Not really Boone's Farm, but may more like those Arbor Mist "wines". I haven't had Boone's Farm in nearly 30 years, though, so I can't really remember anything close to it.

i know some people have force carb'd the island wine kits too. seems like that could be tasty.

3 cans of Alexanders Riesling use turbo yeast juice . Start with 2 cans in 5 gallons and 8 cups of sugar. Add 3rd can alittle bit at a time. If it stops fermenting add some Champagne yeast. When all juice is in and it just wont work any more, add some Vodka, Now call the 16 year old girls over. LOLOLOLOLOL Seriously why would you want to make that stuff

3 cans of Alexanders Riesling use turbo yeast juice . Start with 2 cans in 5 gallons and 8 cups of sugar. Add 3rd can alittle bit at a time. If it stops fermenting add some Champagne yeast. When all juice is in and it just wont work any more, add some Vodka, Now call the 16 year old girls over. LOLOLOLOLOL Seriously why would you want to make that stuff

I think it's quite a tasty malt beverage. Don't knock till you try it hahah :)

Those Island Mist kits sound good anybody else try their hand at making them? Any flavors to recommend?

I know that several others have made them. Maybe it would be a good idea to start a new thread about them- not too many will read a thread called "Boone's Farm"!

They aren't my thing, but I am a wine snob. Not really a wine snob, but I drink only dry wines, and never drink wine except with dinner. My friend and her husband enjoy wine spritzers out by their pool, and often drink those Island Mist kits.

Thank you for the help. I saw a couple of old threads about the island mist kits and the blueberry and mango one seem to be popular. Going to have to give one a try.

I made a few of the island mist and orchard breeze kits and they are great for a hot day the wildberry shirazz was great watermellon merlot ,apple cranberry chardonay,kiwi melon pinoit grigio,tropical fruit bianco and green apple reisling were all very good similar to boones but alot better

I prosted this thread because hey, Boones Farm thread on a wine forum.

I actualy like the stuff but am rarely in the mood for wine cooler type drinks.

Zima though, mmmm... I used to love that stuff back before they schwagged it out.

I'm a beer snob too, won't drink cheap beer unless it is free but for some reason Boones can still hit the spot.

Thats good stuff right there. Didn't know the history of Thunderbird. Speaking of cheap rubbing alcohol bums drink, I just bought a fifth of Vladimir Vodka for my airlocks

Those Island Mist kits sound good anybody else try their hand at making them? Any flavors to recommend?

I have the strawberry white merlot going now and after adding the strawberry part it was tasty. It's not done yet but should be light enough to kill a bottle on a weeknight and not feeling to bad the next day. THey do seem to be sweet and not dry. I plan to carb this one and put it on tap for the summer parties.

Reading the product sheet, it calls for an 8 gallon primary. Do I need this or can I just use a 6 1/2 gallon? I'd hate to have to buy an 8 gallon if I can get by with my 6 and a halfer!

Back