I want to get along with my neighbors...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I really do, but when they are AC's.....

(sorry this is a little long)

So I've got 72 hours due to City ordinances, a warning I received a few weeks ago, and an over zelous code inforcer, to park my sailboat and truck on the street, and move 7 yards of gravel that's in my driveway (no small feat if you've never done it) to it's final location on the sides of my house. Being the nice guy that I am, I was careful to not box the neighbor's car in (a 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage which she dutifully puts the Club on every day).

Well she comes over this afternoon with a lit cig in the mouth, and proceeds to ***** about how I boxed her in, all the while the smoke is drifting into my living room. My wife obliges her by moving our car back a few feet, and we have a good laugh about it.

An hour later, she comes back to say that we need to move our car again, because there's no room for her to park. Trying to be a good neighbor, I say, "I'm not really sure what you mean, why don't you show me?" We go out there and I see her car parked with 3 feet of room in front, and about 10' in back.

Me: "I don't really see what the problem is."

Her: "I need to park there." pointing to where my van is, in front of her car.

Me: "This is a public street. anyone can park anywhere they want."

Her: " I know, but thats where I need to park, that's where I've been parking!" Mind you there are TWO other spots not 30 feet behind her car that never get used.

Me: "I'd ask why, but I really don't care. Frankly, I'm complletely confused what you're upset about, and you'll have to wait until I move the gravel out of my driveway."

WTF?!? Are people crazy AND stupid? Just so you know, this is a forty-something woman, who recently moved in with her mother in the rental duplex next door.

I guess I've answered my own question.

Sometimes you just have to say "no" to your neighbor and walk away. If she isn't connected physically to your residence or doesn't share a lawn or whatnot - you don't have to work TOO hard to maintain the peace.

I wouldn't discount the fact that she may, literally, be crazy. Be respectful, but keep your distance; she doesn't sound like the type you want to have come over and water the houseplants when you're out of town for a week.

Notice how this lady is crazy for asking him to move when he is parked on the street, and our fellow HBTers are correct in asking the neigbhors not to park on the street in front of his house?

Notice how this lady is crazy for asking him to move when he is parked on the street, and our fellow HBTers are correct in asking the neigbhors not to park on the street in front of his house?

If it's public parking, I don't think anyone should have 'dibs' just because it happens to be the curb in front of their house.

I wouldn't discount the fact that she may, literally, be crazy. Be respectful, but keep your distance; she doesn't sound like the type you want to have come over and water the houseplants when you're out of town for a week.

I would generally say the same thing. But on rare occasions I pull out the: "I reserve the right to at any point tell you to go **** yourself."

Take it how you want and use it when you want. I would ignore her, not even open the door. She can't do anything about where your car is parked. And the best you can hope for is she calls the cops, they come out and tell her she is wrong.

Tell her that you feel her pain and will try to oblige...oh and by the way...have you heard what that neighbor up the street has been up to???

Then you spin a yarn that will deflect her energy to someone else....I'm just sayin.

or make it a point to be the most obnoxious neighbor in the world. i was given a notice to move my suzuki samurai that runs and is off road only with what is called a black tag. no insurance but registered. it was someone trying to sale thier home. well thier real estate agent. anyway i seen the agent showing the home and i went over and politely told her in private that the vehicle runs and the city has said its ok right where its at. i said i will be leaving it in the drive way and if she would have asked me personally i would have moved it to my back yard. I also explained that if i really wanted to not be nice i would be more then happy to take a week off and make sure i was to rebuild the thing in my driveway but since i liked the home owner i wouldnt do that. she was shocked that i even approached her. i told the owner and he was upset and dropped the agent after the 30 days and went with another agent and i moved the samurai into the back yard even though i was going to take it out that weekend.

but yes id make it a point to be a pain in her butt. but then again i get along with all my neighbors.

I would generally say the same thing. But on rare occasions I pull out the: "I reserve the right to at any point tell you to go **** yourself."

Believe me, I'm about one step away from this. The thing is, I don't mind obliging a neighbor if they politly make a reasonable request. This lady is just bat sh#t crazy!

Did you kick her in the box and shove her?

I would, but I'm afraid my foot would get stuck.

Oh yea she sounds like a steaming bag of superbitch. I say you are disinclined to acquiese to her request, then punch her right in the box. Mind your watch, lest it get lost in there!

So I've got 72 hours due to City ordinances, a warning I received a few weeks ago, and an over zelous code inforcer, to park my sailboat and truck on the street, and move 7 yards of gravel that's in my driveway (no small feat if you've never done it) to it's final location on the sides of my house.

Go down to your city offices and explain the situation and ask for an extension, don't know about your city but mine generally grants extensions just because you ask.

I left my licensed, insured, running, but ugly as sin Jeep project parked in my dads driveway for one night. I usually parked it in the side yard, but it was late and I was lazy. The neighborhood real estate agent is also the neighborhood beautification nazi. I couldn't prove it was him, but SOMEONE left a post-it note on my windshield saying "Why ruin a nice neighborhood".

I left my licensed, insured, running, but ugly as sin Jeep project parked in my dads driveway for one night. I usually parked it in the side yard, but it was late and I was lazy. The neighborhood real estate agent is also the neighborhood beautification nazi. I couldn't prove it was him, but SOMEONE left a post-it note on my windshield saying "Why ruin a nice neighborhood".

I would take it mudding and park it in the street in front of his house

I really do, but when they are AC's.....

(sorry this is a little long)

So I've got 72 hours due to City ordinances, a warning I received a few weeks ago, and an over zelous code inforcer, to park my sailboat and truck on the street, and move 7 yards of gravel that's in my driveway (no small feat if you've never done it) to it's final location on the sides of my house. Being the nice guy that I am, I was careful to not box the neighbor's car in (a 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage which she dutifully puts the Club on every day).

Well she comes over this afternoon with a lit cig in the mouth, and proceeds to ***** about how I boxed her in, all the while the smoke is drifting into my living room. My wife obliges her by moving our car back a few feet, and we have a good laugh about it.

An hour later, she comes back to say that we need to move our car again, because there's no room for her to park. Trying to be a good neighbor, I say, "I'm not really sure what you mean, why don't you show me?" We go out there and I see her car parked with 3 feet of room in front, and about 10' in back.

Me: "I don't really see what the problem is."

Her: "I need to park there." pointing to where my van is, in front of her car.

Me: "This is a public street. anyone can park anywhere they want."

Her: " I know, but thats where I need to park, that's where I've been parking!" Mind you there are TWO other spots not 30 feet behind her car that never get used.

Me: "I'd ask why, but I really don't care. Frankly, I'm complletely confused what you're upset about, and you'll have to wait until I move the gravel out of my driveway."

WTF?!? Are people crazy AND stupid? Just so you know, this is a forty-something woman, who recently moved in with her mother in the rental duplex next door.

I guess I've answered my own question.

Being a good neighbor, you should offer her a nice hot cup of STFU. :D
Damn, I didn't see the original posting date. So what happened with this crazy *****?
Regards, GF.

Did the cigarette get held between two of her teeth where one used to be? I can only imagine this woman looks like she could be Joe Dirt's sister.

Back