Question about apfelwine.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mastamind

Reaction score
Hello every one I am a newer brewer have only done 2 beers 1 bottled (red ale) and one in fermentor ( american cream ale) I have 5 gallons of edworts recipe going it's been fermenting for 2weeks and 2 days so far and I notice what must be some condensation or something as i see liguid on the inside of the carboy glass were the head space is. I see some white liquid specs it looks like forming in the neck and head space just a little bit. I am worried b/c This is new to me and I don't want my 5 gallons of brew to go to waste. So I will post a pic and see what you guys think. I am trying not to freak out lol.
Cheers,
Josh

apfelwine white spot in neck.jpg

I say its just condensation on the glass and the white spots could be where the water dried and left minerals. I say there is nothing to worry about, i see that when i made some apfelwein myself

When it turns green and you see bugs inside....that's a good time to freak out. Otherwise...don't worry. ;)

I have 6.5 gallons in it's sixth week now. 4th in secondary. Same condensation inside the neck, nothing to worry about.

Looks like residue left by yeast/sugar from the initial swirling.

Happens on all of my cider carboys. But that may be because I swirl like a champ!

Looks like residue left by yeast/sugar from the initial swirling.

Happens on all of my cider carboys. But that may be because I swirl like a champ!

I did not swirl it once it was in the carboy I used a funnel so it could of splashed on the sides. I'm not worried very stoked for it to be done i will bottle it after a month and a half and if I like it start another and let it go for 2 months :)

Latest posts

Back