ermahgerd... what's this on my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrubins

Reaction score
Got a 15 minute pale ale brewing for the past week. I'm using San Diego super yeast. I haven't opened the bucket for the week, but decided to be curious tonight. I saw this weird cinnamon like substance floating on top.
Please tell me it's nothing horrible... I tasted the beer and it tastes quite nice, super fruity from the 6oz of hops in total!
Could it be just leftover krausen?

ForumRunner_20130203_222232.png

Okay. That makes me feel better. I hope my yeast don't look like that under the microscope :p

If you look carefully, you can see the yeast cells partying on those rafts. Its kinda like yeast club med. They all come out to copulate, then they lay down on these rafts, catch the rays and fart and pee into your beer. When they're done, they'll turn around and eat the rafts, then sink to the bottom and take a nap until you wake them up with more food. Kinda like frat boys, except they clean up the mess. ;)

Back