The new year is starting off great!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighoss

Reaction score
So my new year is starting off great already in my opinion. Got a call from my friend this morning, and he had some great news for me. He went out to his old home place this morning, and found something for me. He went and picked up a keg, and co2 tank, and is selling it to me. I'm making the purchase for $75, and he's allowing me to make payments to him. So I believe I'm getting a really great deal on this. Definitely a great start to new year, and great start to acquiring equipment for my new hobby.

Definitely a great start to new year, and great start to acquiring equipment for my new hobby.

Sounds like a great deal! The new year is definitly being nice to you thus far; CHEERS TO THAT!

Best of luck on the new hobby....

Mine started off great too.. I was handed a $300 check for playing DJ at a local CHP sponsered safe and sober party...

I'd never done that before... My system is set up for live music... Man, this is much easier money! Only the mains/subs, the amps, the processor, a small mixer, and a couple mics.. bada boom.. I was torn down and packed up in less than half an hour...

Normally it takes hours to roll up all the mic cables, snakes, monitors, stands, DI's etc...

It took a few hours to put the music together.. but now that's mostly done.. All I have to do is add to it here and there... The customer was extremely happy, I was happy, the party goers were happy... They said in the 7 years they've been holding the event, that no DJ got anywhere near as many people up and dancing as what went on last night...

They finally got smart, and quit hiring know it all kids, and hired someone with enough miles to have actually listened to a few decades of music... cha ching!

I was home by 10 pm (they celebrated the NY new years), and avoided the snow and the drunks.. Nothing like a mountain highway full of drunks driving in a snow storm...

By the time midnight rolled around local time, I was home, in front of a roaring fire, toasting up my third or fourth Home Brewed APA, watching the snow coming down from my comfy living room...

Happy new year indeed! I hope it's a sign of things to come this year.. I'm believing it is...
:mug:

So posting this from my phone and not sure how to resize, but here is the link to what I got for $85.

Http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w238/bighoss56/IMG_20110104_180853.jpg

I'd have to say that that is a pretty dang good score!

Capitalism at work!
One mans trash is another mans treasure!
A penny saved is a penny earned!
Can't live with 'em, and can't live without 'em!
Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with stinky finger!
(Insert more meaningful or otherwise phrases and quotes here)
:mug:

What a great way to start the New Year.

Back