keg w/dry hops won't carb!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heferly

Reaction score
i've dry hopped in the keg multiple times without any problems. they've mostly been apa's with an oz of hops in a bag, floating on top of the beer in the keg.

this time, i brewed up an ipa, with 2 oz of dry hops in the keg (sat for 10 days @ room temp). i've had the keg hooked up in the kegerator on gas for 2 weeks now, and i'm not getting much carbonation.

tank is fine, regulator is fine, beer is pushing out the tap, so i assume the gas is flowing fine...

anyone ever have problems carbing with dry hops in the keg?? i'm going to pull out the hop bags today or tomorrow after work and see what happens, but was interested if anyone else had this problem...i can't see why there would be a problem force carbing through the hops (wouldn't think the hops would prevent the overall surface contact with a gas)

Never had a problem with dry hops...but I have noticed if I overfill the keg above the bottom of the gas tube, it won't carb worth a darn until you lower the fluid level below the gas tube (not enough surface area otherwise).

Back