Summer dinner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We had grilled Alaskan salmon, in a lime/cilantro/olive oil marinade and basting sauce. It was paired with ultra fresh garden veggies (snowpeas and broccoli) in masman curry sauce. We served it with one of my sauvignon blanc 2010 wines that I made from pressed grapes.

The cilantro, snowpeas and broccoli were picked from the garden about an hour before cooking.

Bob is calling it "fusion" cooking. Alaskan salmon, masman curry, and local produce, with grape juice from Washington.

It was sooooooo good!

DSCN1333.jpg

We had great dinner conversation as well, as I mentioned that I didn't feel like wearing pants today. He didn't even blink. :D

Yum. My secret salmon ingredient is a dash of fresh nutmeg. Adds to any other Salmon ingredients I have tried. My wife's garden is just producing, super excited to start cooking those veggies and lettuces.

Not to mention my hops are booming.

YUM! I need to come cook with you guys. We have similar tastes.

Oh, yeah, and beer, too!

Oh, you KNOW I would LOVE to be there. Someday... after I am no longer self-employed (soon?). Green with envy... sad I cannot make it - yet ;)

Ever make gravlax Yoop?

No. I'd like to, though!

We have a friend who fishes for salmon on Lake Michigan and gives us fresh salmon, but sometimes we buy frozen. I'd love to get super high quality fresh salmon (we get a ton of whitefish and lake trout, but not as much salmon except when someone gives it to us)- and make gravlax. Love the stuff!

No. I'd like to, though!

We have a friend who fishes for salmon on Lake Michigan and gives us fresh salmon, but sometimes we buy frozen. I'd love to get super high quality fresh salmon (we get a ton of whitefish and lake trout, but not as much salmon except when someone gives it to us)- and make gravlax. Love the stuff!

It's actually pretty easy to make, I've done it a few times now. I cold smoke mine after it's cured which technically makes it nova lox I guess but either way it's awesome on a bagel with some cream cheese in the morning.

Link

Back