Banana Bread Beer Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kkocher13

Reaction score
Anybody have a good Banana Bread Beer Recipe? I'm looking for something like a Wells banana bread clone. I've tried a Hefe with a high temp fermentation and got some good results, but I'm looking for one with some spicing and maybe some vanilla. I'm pretty new to brewing so all grain is a bit much for me, but i'm looking for any direction on how to make a solid banana bread beer.:ban:

I am looking into doing this recipe and I am thinking of using real Bananas. Does any one have any thoughts as to how much to use and how to make sure that they are sanitary when going into the secondary?

I wouldn't use it in the secondary. If you use it in the mash you can get the sugars out. But i am trying to figue out how much to use. I made a pumpkin spiced ale and used 2 pounds but banana has more flavor in it...thoughts??????

Back