Alabama gas station

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drac0

Reaction score
While on a business trip, I stopped for gas somewhere between Montgomery and Auburn Alabama. They didn't support pay at the pump, so I went inside to pay for my gas. Once inside, I saw this:

2010-12-25_1904.png

Has anyone seen more taps inside a gas station than this? I count 31 taps. I have to admit, I've never seen draft beer sold at a gas station before.

thats awesome! We have a Citgo station here in Huntsville, that probably has the best beer selection in town of bottled beer.....You would just think it's a truck stop unless you went inside.....

While on a business trip, I stopped for gas somewhere between Montgomery and Auburn Alabama. They didn't support pay at the pump, so I went inside to pay for my gas. Once inside, I saw this:

Has anyone seen more taps inside a gas station than this? I count 31 taps. I have to admit, I've never seen draft beer sold at a gas station before.

I commute from auburn to montgomery for work sometimes, know the exact locale? would be nice to stop in.

Might be the best selection of draft beer in the state.

I have never seen that before.

Probably a holdover from the days when the only place you could get draft beer in Alabama was the county with the dog track, between Auburn and Montgomery.....it's been so long though, I forgot the names of the places.....

I commute from auburn to montgomery for work sometimes, know the exact locale? would be nice to stop in.

Sadly I don't. It was one of those random 'look at the fuel gauge and realize I gotta get gas or be in trouble' stops. Didn't really pay attention at that point!

I stopped at an Exxon today and bought a 22oz bottle of GPBC Barrel Aged Coffee Oatmeal Stout. It's the only place in the state I've found that legally can sell big bottles. The beers were located next to the display case containing handguns (also for sale)!

http://www.goodpeoplebrewing.com/countyline

dam, I just made the drive up 280 from Auburn to B'ham on Wednesday, had I known this I would have stopped and got me a bomber to enjoy at my hotel later that evening. Oh well, always next time I guess.

Latest posts

Back