Can turkey burners get wet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irisndfan2

Reaction score
Are turkey burners water proof? Planning on brewing today, but its currently misting out. Will I be alright? NOt supposed to rain, just be misty.

i would be more worried about contaminating your beer...my turkey fryer has been victim to numerous boil overs i say you will be alright with misting conditions. I have yet to clean any of the 4 boil overs i have experienced i think the add originality

alright cool cool thanks, this only my second time using it, been back at school using the stove, rents wouldn't let me take it back since my apartment is on the second floor, love using the burner though lol

i leave my old burner outside in the elements, a little rust doesn't bother me. never had any issues. i've also brewed in very light rain and never had any issues. the boil should take care of anything that gets into the brew pot. i do cover immediately at the end of the boil and move the wort inside to chill and transfer.

I leave it outside a lot. Just make sure to keep the jets clean of rust, it has a tendency to crumble / flake right in the burner jets.

When I first heat cooler water in my keggle, condensation forms and drips onto the burner (sizzle, sizzle, sizzle).. So much so, that the first time it happened, I shut everything off looking for the leak.. There was none.. As the water heats up, it eventually stops..

Never had any adverse affect on the burner...

Back