San Diego Grain Suppliers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Displaced MassHole

Reaction score
Aside from the HBS's online and in the ones in the area does anyone know of where I could by bulk grain from a supplier? I see that there are others through out the country that do group bulk grain buys, just curious if theres a possibility of doing one here in SoCal.

You can do a buy from Mid Country Malt. A pallet will hold 42 bags and shipping is the same whether it is 42 or 22 bags, so fill the pallet to get your cost per bag shipped as low as possible.

I'd say ask if you can buy in bulk from Ballast Point, they are usually pretty cool about getting stuff you need, there's also that place in La Mesa but I haven't tried it yet as it's a bit of a drive from downtown. There's loads of brewpubs, maybe ask them if they'll sell you a bag or so, people are generally friendly around here.

I buy sacks at home brew mart/ballast point. I think its about 30-35 buck for 55lbs of 2-row. Don't forget to ask for the AHA discount (if your a member) they give you 10% off, although it kinda depends on whos there since it's not an official discount.

Latest posts

Back