BrewMinder

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkervaski

Reaction score
Hey guys I couldn't find a simple app that would help me track my beer after brew day, so I wrote one, it turned out great.

BrewMinder will let you track your brews from fermentation through conditioning, print or email Toe Tags (labels for your carboys, buckets, boxes, etc) and your Brewery Pipeline, and remind you when you need to do your next step.

I just submitted it to the AppStore for review.

If you're interested please like the BrewMinder facebook page - http://facebook.com/brewminder

For updates - http://twitter.com/brewminder

Mind Your Brew! :mug:

382331_469712156415804_1647225034_n.png

@Bishop916 just iOS devices .. the next version will be extending it to be a universal app to take advantage of the iPad's larger screen size. If by some chance it's incredibly popular I'll do an Android version, but frankly I'm not a big fan of the Android development ecosystem.

Just bought it, actually pretty cool. There. Does seem to be an issue with the badge notification going a bit crazy. I have put in 2 beers and have a badge notification of 64. No idea what that means.

Thanks guys :)

I already fixed the notifications bug and if no other bugs pop up will probably submit version 1.1 early next week. This next version will let you print bottle labels, a feature that didn't make it into the first release.

Hey so can I request some interface changes and make some requests for features?

I'll assume yes :)

I like the sliders but can they be less sensitive? My fat fingers have trouble locking in the specific number and I end up bouncing back and forth...if not then I'd prefer the rolling numbers control. Yeah it's boring...

For setting dates can you use a calendar control? I'm more visual and would prefer to see the dates laid out like that. As I was back filling a schedule for a beer currently in progress I couldn't remember what the date was three Sundays ago so I had to switch apps - it would be easier and faster with a calendar control

Also, for setting the time periods for primary, secondary, etc. it would be cool to be able to also set by date in addition to the method by number of days/weeks/months as it is now.

How about adding a dry hop/infusion step, or two?

And what about adding an upcoming events list kind of like a task or to-do list so we can see everything coming up in one place?

And last but not least, on the opening page provide an option to go to reports directly for at least the pipeline?

Hope this isn't too much to ask for. Thanks for your consideration.

Thanks for the quick fix on the notifications. Anxious to see how the label feature works.
I would say that Cariscan is right on with his suggestions. I don't consider my fingers fat, but I was going back and forth with the slider as well.
I lie where this app is headed and see Cariscan's suggestions making it even better!

By all means keep the suggestions coming .. I agree with just about everything Carlscan26 said .. If there continues to be an interest I'll continue improving it :)

The label feature simply lets you email or print a 6 up set of round labels .. I have big plans for this feature but the 1.1 release I'm uploading tonight will just have round labels with the brew name and nutrition info .. future versions will have more label types and more customization ability.

Version 1.5 submitted to the AppStore ..

New! Print and email color bottle labels
New! Mash calculator
New! Email sends images instead of html
New! Edit fermentation and conditioning steps

@Carlscan26 Now you can directly edit the schedule field instead of trying to fat finger the slider. Also you can now edit your steps and name them whatever you like.

I'll get to work on the next version with some additional features and some new label options soon.

bkervaski said:
Version 1.1 submitted to the AppStore ..

New! Print and email bottle labels*
New! Mash calculator
New! Email sends images instead of html
New! Edit fermentation and conditioning steps

* Basic round and square labels included in this version, I'll be expanding this feature with more customization.

Note: You can customize the label spacing on the settings view, this will help you align labels for your printer.

@Carlscan26 Now you can directly edit the schedule field instead of trying to fat finger the slider. Also you can now edit your steps and name them whatever you like.

I'll get to work on version 1.2 with some additional features and some new label options soon.

Sweet!

Getting my version 2.0 game plan ready, would built in bar code labels and reader benefit anyone? Might be useful for scanning carboys .. thoughts?

bkervaski said:
Getting my version 2.0 game plan ready, would built in bar code labels and reader benefit anyone? Might be useful for scanning carboys .. thoughts?

Hmmm...prob just plain labels like the ones you make for the kegs would be more useful for me anyway.

The barcodes won't be a benefit for me, but I do see the label feature you are building as a very nice piece. I already really like the notification features. It's a little surprising that the calendar feature on Beersmith doesn't incorporate notifications on the notes and secondary and bottleing dates.

Ok, thanks guys, barcodes are off the list for version 2.0.

The labels in 1.5 are pretty basic, but I built a solid foundation for really improving them, I use it a lot already. In 2.0 here will be a variety of types and sizes to choose from an the ability to underlay your own images under the text. Still in planning phase but I expect to coding it in a few weeks.

The notifications work well (better in 1.5) and I have plans to continue to optimize this feature as I rely on it myself to keep up with my small brewery.

I also plan on improving the photo feature as I like to see my brews at various stages.

Also, I'm thinking of adding a temperature field so you can record the temp at which fermentation took place.

Lastly, the ability to add and remove steps (currently fixed to 4) might even make it in a pre-2.0 version as I'm finding that 4 steps just isn't enough for complex recipes.

When is 1.5 coming out? Also is the sync feature working? I've installed on both my iPhone and iPad and its not synchronizing even with the setting enabled and email address matching.

@Carlscan26 On the main brew list page, pull down until you see the arrow and then release to sync .. it's passive and won't overwrite any records between devices ..

bkervaski said:
@Carlscan26 On the main brew list page, pull down until you see the arrow and then release to sync .. it's passive and won't overwrite any records between devices ..

I've tried that...my recipe on my iPad isn't showing up on my phone.

Very, very cool. Nice update. I don't have IOS 6 on my I Pad so can't speak for the cloud sync issue if there is one, but you have just made it very simple to add a quick label if I don't want to spend the time getting fancy.
The mash tool is nice easy, not sure that I see it replacing my Beersmith recipe printout, but it is a nice add on.
Nice job, glad my "impulse" purchase has paid off :)

@Carlscan26 can you post screenshots of both your devices "Settings" view?

@tahoeguy the cloud sync feature doesn't require iCloud, it uses my servers and should work on any version of iOS that the app runs on.

bkervaski said:
@Carlscan26 can you post screenshots of both your devices "Settings" view?

It's working now - I closed the app completely and restarted it on both devices and its been fine since.

Back