Logo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is mine so far, still being worked on

Jason.jpg

first shot at what may become something; hand drawn center scanned and then colored in with a very old version of photoshop. Critiques welcome!

I don't mean to target you specifically because there are quite a few that are guilty of this. I'm actually a web designer by day (brewer by night), and the biggest no-nos in design are using papyrus and comic sans font. There are a ton of really beautiful free fonts out there, try looking around a bit. A few sites will let you preview the text that your using before you download the font.

trying to be helpful, don't take offense. :mug:

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

My logo is still a work in progress but I'm satisfied with rev 1. It can be seen on the header of my website: Fluke-Homebrew

1225111019.jpg

A buddy of mine his having a new logo drawn up by a dude he knows. Will post the new logo once it's done!

I've had this logo and brewery name since, well, 1988. It was hand drawn by a 16 year old kid who's now an illustrator at Pixar. The little bull horned C at the bottom goes on a neck label when I feel ambitous.

cowbrau3.jpg

Oh... My... Gosh... I want that sticker! Plus I need to have a drinking contest with that little guy so as to decide who of us gets to keep the name. I fear he may win if he is drinking those tiny brews.

I got bored and made this for my Chocolate Milk Stout. I use Avery shipping labels #8168, which come off after a day soaking in a PBW solution. Let me know what you think.

ChocolateStoutLabel3.jpg

Pretty simple logo. Having a brass stamp made so I can emboss the wax seals that will be used for the wedding beers and the bombers I bottle from my 3 sour batches.

logo.jpg

Not as fancy and nice as some of the logos here, but handdrawn seems to fit us a bit better at this point. That said, any and all advice/comments welcome and appreciated.:mug:

No Border with Name.jpg

Only advice I would offer is that over the last year Bleeding Cowboy font has been used by everybody and their mother. Build a long list of fonts and write out a word or two and then use it for every font. It's a good way to get a lot of ideas about what you like and do not. It's also a good way to keep track of all your fonts if you're like me and have 500+

The drawing is super badass!

Love the painting, but I have to agree that Bleeding Cowboys is not a suitable font. I suggest trying various brush typefaces.

Yeah, Bleeding Cowboy is the new Papyrus. It really is too bad because I used to love that font. I used it on my Smoky Boggart Label :(

Hans-Brau is one of the best I have seen. Great work!

I suggest trying various brush typefaces.

Old english or caligraphy type might work well also.

Boerderij_Kabouter- "Bleeding Cowboy is the new Papyrus" great point about the importance of typography. I created my Noontime Labels logo about 8 years ago using the papyrus font as the source. I started seeing it everywhere kind of annoying me...now it's just ridiculous how often it's used.

Heres my latest rendition of my logo... I consider myself an extreme rookie at GIMP, but I think I am learning enough that I can make this work...

Little Ninja Brewery.

My logo is a work in progress right now.

If anyone has any suggestions to add.. Please feel free..

littleninja.jpg

Little Ninja Brewery.

Its nice and simple, but honestly the first thing that comes to my mind is 'winery'. Maybe its the toned down colors and slender font. If thats kinda what you were going for, I like it!

Its nice and simple, but honestly the first thing that comes to my mind is 'winery'. Maybe its the toned down colors and slender font. If thats kinda what you were going for, I like it!

Thanks for the input.. Not really going for the winery look.. I'll make some adjustments and repost..

Thanks for the input.. Not really going for the winery look.. I'll make some adjustments and repost..

Yeah its mostly the font, maybe just go with something a little bolder. I think the logo itself is visually appealing and you dont want to clutter up the simplicity. Thats the problem I have with mine I'd like it to be more simple.

Oh, its probably the green bottle that makes me think "wine" too...

Little Ninja Brewery.

The only thing I would say is change the font. Papyrus is terribly overused these days and there are many more free fonts to use that would look better.

Back