So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finally getting the right combination of nice weather and free time this weekend, so I'll be brewing an American rye and wheat ale. About 30% rye and 25% wheat with Willamette and Centennial. It will be my first brew in three months and my first one being kegged with the equipment I received for Christmas.

I finally got my co2 tank filled. so i'll be kegging for the first time this weekend with my 60 min dfh variation and will be brewing an april fools day american brown ale.

Ye Olde Piggery Strong Ale will hopefully get it's maiden brew day this Sunday. MO, C60, and Chocolate with Molasses and brown sugar, Nugget and Willamette hops, WLP005, and Medium toast Hungarian Oak after fermentation.

I am hoping to age this one for a long time, so hopefully I can be patient!

I'm planning on an IPA. Got the malt bill down, but I need some help with the hops. I brewed an IPA with Summit, Centennial, and Cascade, but it had too much of the same characteristics of my pale ale (Simcoe and Amarillo), so I'm trying to change it up. Thinking about:

60 - .6 oz Summit
20 - 1.5 oz Centennial
10 - 1 oz Centennial AND .5 oz Chinook
0 - 1 oz Centennial AND .5 oz Chinook
DH - 1.5 oz each Summit, Chinook

I'll be making my first batch with rye on St. Patrick's day. I'll be calling it Jack the Ripper Rye IPA. Looking to 76 ibu and 9.3 abv. can't wait.

Cooked up a batch of Orfys Mild today in honor of Mild Month. (Any time is a good time for Mild though so....:D)

Excited to be using Wyeast 1318 for my first time as I've read good things about it, especially is regards to Milds.

I've not had a beer since New Years and am planning on about a 6 month break from booze while I get fit and give my liver a chance to regenerate a bit. I've lost 18lb since Xmas with excercise etc, I do have a vial of lager yeast there so I'm thinking of making a huge starter with it and then making a lager, the few months lagering will mean by the time I'm having a beer again the lager should be at its best.

Brewing an amber ale AG this weekend. It's been about 4 months since the last time I brewed and I am chomping at the bit to get brewing tomorrow. I forgot how exciting brew day is ha

I'm set up to brew this weekend and next. Im going fruity and light for the spring coming up. This weekend my buddy is brewing a raspberry wheat. I've made it before and it's very good. Then next weekend im trying something new for me. Its gonna be a banana bread beer. Or just banana beer, we will see how it turns out. 5 lbs of bananas in the mash and 5 lbs will be in the secondary. Mmmmmm banana beer. It's actually for the wife but should still be very drinkable.

EoinMag said:
I've not had a beer since New Years and am planning on about a 6 month break from booze while I get fit and give my liver a chance to regenerate a bit. I've lost 18lb since Xmas with excercise etc, I do have a vial of lager yeast there so I'm thinking of making a huge starter with it and then making a lager, the few months lagering will mean by the time I'm having a beer again the lager should be at its best.

Wow, good effort man!

Assuming FedEx makes good delivering my new Better Bottle tomorrow, I'm going to throw together a batch of cider. Otherwise, it'll be whatever day next week the thing arrives.

Planning a brewing marathon for tomorrow, five 5 gallon batches. They're all for a competition I'm entering in June. An APA, Black IPA, Pilsner, Belgium Strong Ale and a Porter.

Brewing an amber although I have all the wrong hops but who knows maybe itlle come out great if not hopefully I get drunk

Not me. Working. But while im gone, my wife is bottling a cream ale for me this weekend!

Either a porter or a dry stout, have a yeast cake of wlp 007 that I'm gonna pull my bitter off of, haven't decided what which I'll do yet.

Assuming FedEx makes good delivering my new Better Bottle tomorrow, I'm going to throw together a batch of cider. Otherwise, it'll be whatever day next week the thing arrives.

Argh! No dice, apparently they just like getting your hopes up. They sent the shipping notification 30 hours before they actually picked up the delivery. :mad: Jerks.

I cranked up the starter for a Bohemian Pilsner this week. It is going to be my first attempt at lagering. Brewing Sunday afternoon.

Tuesday night I'm bottling my Abbey Ale.

Back